Sony says that PlanetSide 2 on the PS4 will be its "massively multiplyer Halo

TopWargamer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/12/sony-planetside-2-is-massively-multiplayer-halo-for-ps4?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

As Sony Online Entertainment prepares to bring Planetside 2 from PC to PlayStation 4, president John Smedley has some ambitious goals for the online shooter -- namely, his team aims to attract an Xbox audience. “We believe that Planetside 2 is going to be the massively multiplayer Halo for PlayStation 4," Smedley told IGN. "So we want to bring a completely new kind of gameplay to a completely new audience.”

As a Halo fan myself, I'll have to agree with Sony on this one. I've played PS2 on the PC already (honestly, who hasn't now a days?) and there's a few things that make this game awesome and important:

1) It's free to play, with little to no BS

2) It's an MMO

3) It's an FPS

4) It's an FPSMMO done the right way. Feels like a QUALITY FPS game with the feel of a QUALITY MMO.

COMIC SANS

That... actually makes so much sense. 

Now, all we need is an alien force to attack humanity (in general, not specific factions), and we can all join forces to destroy them. 

That'd be great. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Now, all we need is an alien force to attack humanity (in general, not specific factions), and we can all join forces to destroy them.

Let's just turn the Vanu into aliens. They look like ones already.

:P

COMIC SANS

sounds like good news. i keep getting more reasons to buy a ps4 xD

I keep finding more reasons to not buy one.

I keep finding more reasons to not buy one.

free to play mmofps would makes u not want a ps4?????

If he already has a gaming PC, there's no need to get a PS4 to play PS2. PS2 will be better on the PC anyways.

COMIC SANS

If he already has a gaming PC, there's no need to get a PS4 to play PS2. PS2 will be better on the PC anyways.

yea but it doesnt subtract a reason....its just not a plus is all

That'd be great.

You said that as a joke but that is actually in the roadmap, occaisonal "events" where the opposing factions have to work together to defend the whole continent

Halo isnt and shouldnt be MMO. It doesnt work like that. Also the game mechanics are completely different. That is my opinion as an avid Halo player. Not trying to bash planetside.

Halo is more moshpit, competetive oriented. But has great pubs too.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Planetside 2 is one large battlefield while halo is the traditional FPS size map and game play, I think people will still see them separate. Although PlanetSide 2 is amazing I do not think they are that similar.

thought id mention EQnext and Landmark is also coming to PS4, it runs on the same engine so once ported it wont take much to port all future titles to the ps4, theres a rumor that that is why SOE went for 8 abilities for the char to make it more console friendly

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

That'd be great. 

where do i sign up

A hail naw! Nothing can replace Halo and all the joyful memories it brought me.

Planetside 2 should find its own place in people's hearts.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Vanu is life, Vanu is love.

#VanuMasterRace.

It's better then Halo. Much much better. Think of what Battlefield should be like but in the future.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

You can get many types of free to play games on the PC, including Planet Side 2. Also, the games which are not free on the PS4 (this goes same with the Xbox one) are way too expensive.

WHAT the vanu are normal people, i call bs

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1