Why is Call of Duty and Battlefield so over-rated?

TheArcheaon

Don't mind this

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

@TheArcheaon I've just started learning Kanji. I still have difficulty with Katakana tho :P.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I'd say it's online multiplayer that did it.

Online multiplayer wasn't really a thing on the Gen 6 consoles (PS2, Xbox, GameCube) until later in their life cycles, and even then the infrastructure wasn't super robust.  Then Gen 7 came along, made online multiplayer the standard, and shooters lend themselves really well to online multiplayer compared to other genres.  I suppose COD was the best at the time and so everyone hopped on that bandwagon.  And now that bandwagon is too big to fail, and the other triple-A game publishers expect to lure people from that bandwagon to their equally unimpressive military shooters.

I'm sick of all military/warfare games personally; the genre's been beaten to death.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

ever since the modern warfare 2 days cod has gone downhill to the point where i will never buy it again. Stopped at mw3 which sucked

I agree, but BO2 single player was actually pretty fun, definitely worth picking up if it ever goes on sale for like $15.

I agree, but BO2 single player was actually pretty fun, definitely worth picking up if it ever goes on sale for like $15.

Boo!!! Black Ops 2 was boring (only good for Zombies) and multiplayer got somewhat frustrating :P

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

I  wouldn't pay money for either of them, both are just shooters and bore the pants off me, shooters peaked in 1999 with unreal tournament.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I  wouldn't pay money for either of them, both are just shooters and bore the pants off me, shooters peaked in 1999 with unreal tournament.

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

ohhhhkay... it's surprising how many people are berating every single person playing this game as a "kid".. either you're an elitist or a 12 year old kid yourself if you say that.

Honestly, I haven't found much joy in FPS/Multiplayers (gasp) in general although BF4 really looks nice.

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

very serious, COD and BF are dull as 3 day old dishwater to me.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

BC2 was the best BF game ever.

CoD4 was the best CoD game ever.

I am playing CoD4 right now and I'm having much more fun than I've had on Ghosts on consoles.

Both series is going downhill, they are losing they're vision. BF4 isn't so bad, but they need to get rid of jets and add in more land vehicles. Ghosts has major performance issues, maybe Black Ops 3 might be better, but I'm more interested in CoD4 than I am Ghosts right now.

BC2 was the best BF game ever.

CoD4 was the best CoD game ever.

I am playing CoD4 right now and I'm having much more fun than I've had on Ghosts on consoles.

Both series is going downhill, they are losing they're vision. BF4 isn't so bad, but they need to get rid of jets and add in more land vehicles. Ghosts has major performance issues, maybe Black Ops 3 might be better, but I'm more interested in CoD4 than I am Ghosts right now.

I agree with you 100% I would say CoD4 is my favorite infinity ward title and my favorite Treyarch title is World at War 

Battlefield bad company 2 best game in the series. 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

I love the fact you called CoD an arcade game (which is true) but you're probably about to start a CoD vs Battlefield fanboy war in here <_<

I mean Battlefield is more realistic (because of the health) 3 bullets can kill you. But in CoD if you get shot like 9 times you heal for like 2 seconds and you can asorb another 10 bullets (and still not die) That frustrated me on COD (which is why I only play hard core mode)

Ever played cod ghosts you die in two :D while in battlefield you can bunny hop away both games are equally unrealistic

Who knows... the best game I like is arma 2, but that's really a walking sim even on MSO.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

The awesome thing about COD is that if you played one you COD game you played them all. Which means you dont have to spend another 60 or so bucks on another one. So you save money and you dont miss out on a thing. :)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Both Battlefield and CoD need to be more innovative. Atm it's more or less the same recycled shit. We need to educate people first though before anything will happen, there is literally no point being innovative with your game if your recycled crap gets bought over and over again. I stopped buying CoD games after MW2 which I did play 400 hours but still it's a crap game compared to CoD 4.

I think Battlefield 2142 was great because it wasn't the same crap with new maps and skins for guns and players. Black Ops 2 tried to go towards that direction, but it lacked imagination, whole game played the same and guns were just modified a tad to go along with the futuristic theme. 

fanboys

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I never really got past Vietnam as far as battlefield goes. That was my personal favourite. (closely followed by 1942-Secret weapons of WW2)

And Cod got boring after cod 2 for me.

BF4 seems like it'll be fun when it's more stable.. but other than that i don't really care too much.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The awesome thing about COD is that if you played one you COD game you played them all. Which means you dont have to spend another 60 or so bucks on another one. So you save money and you dont miss out on a thing. :)

Basically, a new CoD is just basically new weapons, maps and game modes >_< But same as battlefield haha. (But imo I don't mind spending $60 for a new game) that keeps me unbored for a year :P 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

Can it be for the simple fact that so many plays it?

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

Can it be for the simple fact that so many plays it?

dat-grammar_o_852690.jpg

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

Basically, a new CoD is just basically new weapons, maps and game modes >_< But same as battlefield haha. (But imo I don't mind spending $60 for a new game) that keeps me unbored for a year :P

Nah it wasnt such a big improvement this time around but overall it always improves at least twice as much from its games compared to the "improvements" in cod.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Talk about avoiding the question.

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

Talk about avoiding the question.

xD

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

xD

But yeah it surprises me how COD can stay popular for so long that it has. But the last console I had was the first Playstation. The console world is like an other world to me.