Ryzen 7 1700 OR Another RX 470?

OK, so I have a pretty serious question.

I would like to upgrade my PC this summer, maybe next summer, (even though I built it in December 2016), but I simply cannot decide between getting a Ryzen 7 1700, or another Radeon RX 470.

Price wise, the RX 470 is MUCH cheaper than a brand new motherboard and processor.

Performance: My current system, with its Intel Core i5 6400, 12 GB DDR4, and single RX 470, gives me a fantastic gaming experience as it is.

It's still so new, why upgrade? The thing is, I love making videos, and doing live streams. As it stands now, it can game at 900p 60fps in just about everything, and stream at 720p 30fps without having to change very many in-game options to ease the load and make a smoother stream. I want to give my viewers a better visual experience with both my streams and my videos, so I'm getting a 1440p 60hz panel before I upgrade anything else, because trying to produce 1080p videos on a 900p panel without it looking fuzzy is really difficult.

By the way, if I didn't want to be making videos, I'd be perfectly content with my setup for a few years. All that, and I want to get into CPU overclocking.

So the question is should I increase graphical fidelity by using a second GPU combined with a better monitor, OR increase stream fidelity and decrease render times by using the Ryzen chip combined with the better monitor?

(Parts list for more details on system: The List)

For 1440p 60hz streaming you're going to want to upgrade both.

And by the time you're ready to upgrade the RX 570/580 will be out. 

13 minutes ago, TomR said:

For 1440p 60hz streaming you're going to want to upgrade both.

1700 can handle 1440 well he just needs somthing like a 1070, using obs hardware streaming for use of extra cores. 

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

1700 can handle 1440 well he just needs somthing like a 1070, using obs hardware streaming for use of extra cores. 

I wasn't saying the 1700 can't handle 1440p. His question was what should he upgrade for 1440p 60hz streaming, his 6400 or add another 470. My answer was that he should upgrade both his 6400 and 470.

2 minutes ago, TomR said:

I wasn't saying the 1700 can't handle 1440p. His question was what should he upgrade for 1440p 60hz streaming, his 6400 or add another 470. My answer was that he should upgrade both his 6400 and 470.

misread a 1700 and a rx480 would be a good option.  

I appreciate everyone's quick responses!

If I could afford to upgrade both at the same time, I would, and I would not have posted this. That's something I should have said from the beginning. If I got a Ryzen 5 1600, then I can do both at the same time. Actually, I probably will do that.

On 3/15/2017 at 0:30 PM, nerdslayer1 said:

misread a 1700 and a rx480 would be a good option.  

I'm not going to get a 480 if I already have a 470. It's just not worth it, in my eyes.

On 3/15/2017 at 0:27 PM, TomR said:

Ehh not quite, but it's close enough. It was more "What should I upgrade first?" rather than "What should I upgrade?" Sorry I didn't make that as clear as I could have.

On 3/15/2017 at 0:11 PM, TomR said:

And by the time you're ready to upgrade the RX 570/580 will be out. 

From what I know, these are like the Polaris version of Intel's Skylake-Kaby Lake dealio. I think I'll wait for a RX 680 or 780 to happen before I ditch my 470 (or possibly 470s).