Would this game be on PC ever?

ripper101

So my apologies if this comes off as an incredibly stupid and thoughtless question (Which is why I didn't want to put the game in the title). I'm not sure yet if I want to drop 300 dollars on a Switch for one game, but would it ever be a possibility for the newest Zelda game to make an appearance on PC maybe as a port... or an emulator? I'm 90% sure the obvious answer is a fat no. But again, thanks, and again sorry

they are already making an emulator for it. theres a current build that plays the game at 4k already!! it just averages 15fps lol

however theres not really a legal way to do it unless you buy a copy and claim transition of media from format to format.. then again piracy is a thing if you condone it...

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Just now, elpiop said:

extremely unlikely there will ever be a PC port. Emulator, yes they are already making progress on it

3 minutes ago, Badger906 said:

they are already making an emulator for it. theres a current build that plays the game at 4k already!! it just averages 15fps lol

however theres not really a legal way to do it unless you buy a copy and claim transition of media from format to format.. then again piracy is a thing if you condone it...

Who is this 'they' and how do I follow it

Just now, ripper101 said:

Who is this 'they' and how do I follow it

The developers of Cemu.

if you're okay with emulating and the obvious piracy aspect that comes with that because of how well nintendo locks down their platforms, that may be a possibility. otherwise it's indeed a big fat no.

this offcourse also comes with the usual brabble about piracy being bad and such. however unfortunate it may be, nintendo wants their games to be consumed on nintendo platforms, and that's probably not gonna change any time soon.

there will definitely be an emulator for it eventually, when it will be done however, is another question entirely

11 minutes ago, ripper101 said:

So my apologies if this comes off as an incredibly stupid and thoughtless question (Which is why I didn't want to put the game in the title). I'm not sure yet if I want to drop 300 dollars on a Switch for one game, but would it ever be a possibility for the newest Zelda game to make an appearance on PC maybe as a port... or an emulator? I'm 90% sure the obvious answer is a fat no. But again, thanks, and again sorry

It will probably be emulated to PC.

53 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

And even if it's emulated, it's only going to look (except for resolution) and run as well as the original system.

i don't follow you... isn't that what every emulator is be aiming for? to get a popular game playable, then work on getting it to run at 4k and 4k textures 

1 hour ago, ripper101 said:

if you're impatient i suggest looking for a used Wii U and play the game on there (preferably physical copy). it's basically the same assets as the Switch version

10 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i don't follow you... isn't that what every emulator is be aiming for? to get a popular game playable, then work on getting it to run at 4k and 4k textures

The primary purpose of emulation, especially console emulation, is to provide an environment to run the software as if it were running on the original hardware. It's for preservation moreso than playing something better. Though I didn't know that there was a hi-res texture pack for some games, but I'm not optimistic a lot of games will just have texture updates or anything beyond that.

The one major thing I don't expect happening, especially for older emulators, is the emulator performing better than the base system. For example, you're not going to run Ocarina of Time on an N64 emulator without issues unless you run it at its base performance of 20FPS/30FPS. If you try to make the emulator render faster, the game will break.

6 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The primary purpose of emulation, especially console emulation, is to provide an environment to run the software as if it were running on the original hardware. It's for preservation moreso than playing something better. Though I didn't know that there was a hi-res texture pack for some games, but I'm not optimistic a lot of games will just have texture updates or anything beyond that.

The one major thing I don't expect happening, especially for older emulators, is the emulator performing better than the base system. For example, you're not going to run Ocarina of Time on an N64 emulator without issues unless you run it at its base performance of 20FPS/30FPS. If you try to make the emulator render faster, the game will break.

the hype revolving around getting BotW to work on cemu is to run it better than it does on either switch or wii u. plus to run at 1080p or higher, which brings out the details of textures and objects that are otherwise masked in the lower-res switch and wii u. one of the more respectable improvements is the texture filtering, which i heard is pretty bad if you play on a large TV (it's hardly noticeable in tablet mode). 

i suspect there will be a 4k texture pack for BotW, but for now there's just a 4k graphics pack, making it compatible to run at 4K. 

9 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

the hype revolving around getting BotW to work on cemu is to run it better than it does on either switch or wii u. plus to run at 1080p or higher, which brings out the details of textures and objects that are otherwise masked in the lower-res switch and wii u. one of the more respectable improvements is the texture filtering, which i heard is pretty bad if you play on a large TV (it's hardly noticeable in tablet mode). 

i suspect there will be a 4k texture pack for BotW, but for now there's just a 4k graphics pack, making it compatible to run at 4K. 

I don't know how newer systems operate and if it's completely free of being sensitive to timing like in previous consoles, but if it's anything like previous consoles, then no, the emulator will not be able to run it with more performance. Just more quality.

Also "run at 4K" doesn't mean anything impressive. I could run ePSXe or Project 64 at 4K (and yet nobody seems to bat an eye).

But what's being described here is just high level stuff that can be intercepted and translated for any GPU to use and understand. The only thing it can do, and again, that depends on how modern systems work, is that it cannot provide more performance. In other words, don't expect CEMU to run at 60FPS.

Port ? Not in a thousand years. 

Emulator? Maybe in a few years, but not legally. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

CEMU has it running. Running like crap, but it's the first update released since the game came out which is pretty amazing. I suppose if you wanted to have a clean conscience you could buy it and then rip it and play on cemu, which honestly, is the best way, since you can play in 4k and the controller of your choice.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

On 13/03/2017 at 9:37 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

I don't know how newer systems operate and if it's completely free of being sensitive to timing like in previous consoles, but if it's anything like previous consoles, then no, the emulator will not be able to run it with more performance. Just more quality.

Also "run at 4K" doesn't mean anything impressive. I could run ePSXe or Project 64 at 4K (and yet nobody seems to bat an eye).

But what's being described here is just high level stuff that can be intercepted and translated for any GPU to use and understand. The only thing it can do, and again, that depends on how modern systems work, is that it cannot provide more performance. In other words, don't expect CEMU to run at 60FPS.

Cemu is already running games better than the wii u does. And epsxe and project 64 are far less demanding than cemu

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

3 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

Cemu is already running games better than the wii u does. And epsxe and project 64 are far less demanding than cemu

Technically most emulators runs games better than the original by way of doing things the original cannot. ZSNES can output sound at 44.1KHz and 1280x960, which is beyond the capabilities of the SNES.

So define "better"

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Technically most emulators runs games better than the original by way of doing things the original cannot. ZSNES can output sound at 44.1KHz and 1280x960, which is beyond the capabilities of the SNES.

So define "better"

Improved framerate

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

The most I looked at the subject was they changed a few things in the game code (or in memory), and while it unlocked the frame rate, it also came with a host of issues.

So that's not really an improvement.

No in general, cemu can offer an improved framerate in games over the wii u.
I think it was windwaker hd where we mainly seen this. Cemu was showing a higher average framerate over the wii u.

Just now, leelaa14 said:

No in general, cemu can offer an improved framerate in games over the wii u.
I think it was windwaker hd where we mainly seen this. Cemu was showing a higher average framerate over the wii u.

If by "higher average frame rate" you mean "keep frame rate from dipping", I'd believe that more than "oh look, you have 60 FPS now on a game that originally ran at 30 FPS on the console"