Can these controller charging dock be dangerous?

IAmAndre

Hi,

I'm looking for a dock for my Xbox One controllers. I'd like to be able to charge them when they are not used. I found this one on eBay. They are quite cheap at under $5 and are selling pretty well. However the price surprises me and I want to know if they could cause any harm to my controllers.

Thanks

index.jpg

I have one of those, I usually charge the spare battery alone on the charger (without a controller). This doesn't eliminate the possibility of the battery going Note 7 inside a controller, but at least spares me from risking a controller in the charging phase...

The battery doesn't last long if you're pulling sound through your controller, otherwise one charge should get you through a day's gaming.

Like @AlwaysFSX said, cheap electronics and houses not meant to burn down are a bad mix, but IMO the risk should be acceptable under supervision. That set is worth it just for the long USB and HDMI cables alone (if it's the same I got for 10 euros), so I'd say go for it!

One "yes" and one "no", I guess I'm in the same situation I was before asking :D