Corsair Hydro H100i compatible with AMD Ryzen 1700X?

I was checking partpicker.com and putting togethert a PC, but it seems like the cooling device I chose to use is not going to work because of that being incompatible with the 1700X.

I checked Corsair's website and it says it is compatible with AM4 Socket and that just confused me more.

Also I'm Planning to use the motherboard GIGABYTE GA-AX370-GAMING 5.

Capture2.PNG

Hi,

You need the 5$/€ bracket from corsair to mount it.

edit: the h100 i v2 is not compatible.

If yours looks like this: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

And has the mount with two screws on each side then yes. If it does not, then no.

Scroll down where it says "Tool-free magnetic mounting". If yours has the bracket that is to the far left and has two screw holes, you are golden. The previous versions of Corsair's AIO's used magnetic clamps from the top. I had a H60i before returning my Ryzen components and it had this exact same mounting bracket style.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

Just now, Platypus_90 said:

Hi,

You need the 5$/€ bracket from corsair to mount it.

Any direct links or names would help xD.

Hold on dude. Do you have the H100i v1 or v2?

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

Just now, Brehohn said:

Hold on dude. Do you have the H100i v1 or v2?

v2

Just now, Lord_Zeuz said:

v2

Then unfortunately, you need to order the bracket he linked you.

Just now, Brehohn said:

Then unfortunately, you need to order the bracket he linked you.

Not that unfortunate, I'll check it out, thanks thou :).

The Asus Crosshair is the only board with both AM3 and AM4 mounts.

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

2 minutes ago, Ensho said:

The Asus Crosshair is the only board with both AM3 and AM4 mounts.

Asus CROSSHAIR VI HERO?

1 hour ago, Lord_Zeuz said:

Asus CROSSHAIR VI HERO?

Yeah, it has mounting holes in the motherboard for both AM3 and AM4 backplates so the the H100i V2 with the included AM3 backplate should be fine.  It's a more expensive board, but it is better...and they have gotten their bios issues behind them now for the most part with their latest bios which if you decide to get it you definitely need to install first before you do anything.

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

• 5 months later...