Best Xbox1/PS4 Exclusives?

Ghen90

Hi I currently own a PS4 with only Bloodborne and I am also looking into maybe a Xbox1 if the exclusives are good enough.  I am basically asking personal opinion on the top 10 exclusives from both systems.  I understand PC gaming is master race but with consoles having some good exclusives, I want to keep an open mind.  I literally purchased a PS4 just for Bloodborne.  I am a big advocate of personal opinion as I have played some gems that have received nothing but negative reviews. Thanks in advance.

I don't own any of these consoles but if I went and buy them I would be definitely looking forward for:
Uncharted

The Last of Us

Red Dead Redemption

Ratchet and Clank

Just now, WereCat said:

I don't own any of these consoles but if I went and buy them I would be definitely looking forward for:
Uncharted

The Last of Us

Red Dead Redemption

Ratchet and Clank

I completely forgot about The Last of Us. I didn't even realize Ratchet and Clank was exclusive. Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure most XB1 "exclusives" are Microsoft exclusives, as you can usually also find them on Windows.

PS4 is doing a lot better in this regard. Well, better if you already own a PS4. I really want to play Bloodborne but I'm not going to buy a console just for a single game. At least not now D:

Keep your PS4. It has some pretty great games. Horizon Zero Dawn and Nier Automata came out pretty recently iirc.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

1 minute ago, Nineshadow said:

I'm pretty sure most XB1 "exclusives" are Microsoft exclusives, as you can usually also find them on Windows.

PS4 is doing a lot better in this regard. Well, better if you already own a PS4. I really want to play Bloodborne but I'm not going to buy a console just for a single game. At least not now D:

Keep your PS4. It has some pretty great games. Horizon Zero Dawn and Nier Automata came out pretty recently iirc.

I am a huge Dark Souls fan so when I heard Bloodborne was PS4 exclusive I didn't even hesitate to buy a PS4. Well worth it if you are a huge Souls fan.  I will check out your recommendations thanks. I really don't want to buy a Xbox1. Just thought Id hear some opinions.

4 minutes ago, Ghen90 said:

I completely forgot about The Last of Us. I didn't even realize Ratchet and Clank was exclusive. Thanks for the reply.

Also... this is not an exclusive (to some extent).

new Resident Evil in VR on PS4 Pro, I don't think the VR part is available on PC.

Just now, WereCat said:

Also... this is not an exclusive (to some extent).

new Resident Evil in VR on PS4 Pro, I don't think the VR part is available on PC.

I don't even have any VR equipment.  That is actually one of the things I was going to look into in the future.  Not really sure what the "best" headset etc is atm. Plus you said that was on the pro? I only have the regular PS4 RiP. 

Just now, Ghen90 said:

I don't even have any VR equipment.  That is actually one of the things I was going to look into in the future.  Not really sure what the "best" headset etc is atm. Plus you said that was on the pro? I only have the regular PS4 RiP. 

It is okay. 

Resident Evil is most likely the only game worth getting for PS4 VR anyway as other games are just tech demos and it definitely isn't worth it to buy VR just for one game as it can get very expensive.

I just mentioned it because I had it in mind.

XBOX:

I loved halo (untill Halo 4 :'( ).

I love gears of war (but sincerely, since GoW 2 theyve gotten worse and worse... IMO).

PS:

I loved The last of us.

I love Demon Souls (The Dark Souls "prequel" which is a PS3 exclusive).

I love BloodBorne.

And I havent played Horizon Zero Down but I ve seen some gameplays and It looks bery interesting.

I cant think of more exclusives (that I care about). I have to say, that if you want to go for the XBOX exclusives I suggest you to wait until Proyect:Scorpio (the new XBOX "4k ready" console), which last year was announced to be released this summer but I think It got delayed... (If I were you Id do some digging to know whta proyect scorpio really is and when Its going to be released).

Bloodborne is the best game I have played since Skyrim in 2011. Also get The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne, as it has five new boss fights plus fights against hunters. It's probably only about 10 hours of content (while the rest of Bloodborne kept me busy about 95 hours), but it's a nice step up in difficulty from the base game.

The Last of Us is a must also. It's a fun stealth third person shooter with the best storyline of any game I can remember since Fallout 2.

The Uncharted series is good. If you liked the recent Tomb Raider games on PC, the Uncharted series is really similar. Uncharted 1 is a good game but Uncharted 2-4 are some of the best third person action games ever made. You can get the first three in the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection, and they all run at 60 fps. Uncharted 4 only runs at 30 fps, but I think it's the most impressive game on the system graphically. It's also my favorite game in the series. If you shop around you can find Uncharted 4 for $30, though a lot of places still sell it for $60. The Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection is pretty easy to find for $20.

Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the best open world RPGs I have played in the last few years. It's definitely not as good as The Witcher 3 or Skyrim, but it's excellent. Lots of interesting fights against the different machines, the world is beautiful, and the storyline is pretty good (I'm about 60% through the game). It reminds me somewhat of a third person Far Cry because you have lots of options for using stealth and crafting is pretty important to the game. But I think it's better than the two Far Cry games I have played (3 & 4).

I haven't played it yet, but I hear a ton of great things about Journey. I picked that up for $5 in a PlayStation Store flash sale a couple of months ago.

If you like the God of War games, there is a 60 fps remaster of God of War III on PS4. I bought that a few months ago from Walmart for $20, but haven't gotten to it yet since I have been playing so many PS3 and PS4 games I missed since I bought the systems in December & January (plus I'm going to buy the PS3 remaster of God of War 1 & 2 to play before playing 3 on my PS4).

The Last Guardian looks interesting too, though I haven't played it.

If you have a gaming PC already I'm not sure the XBox One is worth buying. You can get Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4 on Windows 10 through the Windows Store. Quantum Break is available on Steam.

10 hours ago, WereCat said:

Uncharted

The Last of Us

Red Dead Redemption

Ratchet and Clank

I forgot about Red Dead Redemption. If you get an XBox One you can play the XBox 360 version on it. It's such an amazing game. Sadly it's not playable on PS4. Or you could just buy a cheap used 360 or PS3 and play it there.

10 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

Bloodborne might actually be worth it, especially when you can find the PS4 under $250 all the time. And maybe you can get $30 back selling Uncharted 4 if you don't want it (you get a physical copy with the PS4 Slim). Bloodborne is one of 7 games I have ever played that I'd rate 10/10 (with the others being Super Mario 1, the Shinobi arcade, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Half Life 1, Fallout 2, and Skyrim). Though it wouldn't surprise me to see the PS4 Slim for sub $200 at some places around Christmas, considering it was officially $300 for Christmas 2015 and $250 for Christmas 2016, and you could always find some retailers going lower than that. So maybe then it might be worth jumping on. I can't imagine you'll do much better than that unless you're willing to wait 4-5 years for used PS4 to be cheap as hell.

Nier Automata will actually be out on PC next week too.

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the best open world RPGs I have played in the last few years. It's definitely not as good as The Witcher 3 or Skyrim, but it's excellent. Lots of interesting fights against the different machines, the world is beautiful, and the storyline is pretty good (I'm about 60% through the game). It reminds me somewhat of a third person Far Cry because you have lots of options for using stealth and crafting is pretty important to the game. But I think it's better than the two Far Cry games I have played (3 & 4).

Horizon zero dawn is incredibly similar to Witcher 3, it's actually quite remarkable. 

and the story has left me pretty intrigued. the title of the game does make sense as you continue progressing. 

17 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Bloodborne might actually be worth it, especially when you can find the PS4 under $250 all the time. And maybe you can get $30 back selling Uncharted 4 if you don't want it (you get a physical copy with the PS4 Slim). Bloodborne is one of 7 games I have ever played that I'd rate 10/10 (with the others being Super Mario 1, the Shinobi arcade, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Half Life 1, Fallout 2, and Skyrim). Though it wouldn't surprise me to see the PS4 Slim for sub $200 at some places around Christmas, considering it was officially $300 for Christmas 2015 and $250 for Christmas 2016, and you could always find some retailers going lower than that. So maybe then it might be worth jumping on. I can't imagine you'll do much better than that unless you're willing to wait 4-5 years for used PS4 to be cheap as hell.

Nier Automata will actually be out on PC next week too.

It's around ~$275 right now, which isn't too expensive, but I don't have a TV in my room so I'd need to get that as well. Or at least upgrade my monitor, since my current one is pretty ancient.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.