Do you guys and gals get annoyed when people are too lazy to simply Google something?

MadyTehWolfie

Do you find it annoying when people on sites like Amazon ask stupid questions about a product when they could have easily just googled their question and got a answer? Example, what's the hz of a Acer xb281hk?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find it annoying when people on sites like Amazon ask stupid questions about a product when they could have easily just googled their question and got a answer? Example, what's the hz of a Acer xb281hk?

• Yes
    • No

For example l, on Amazon someone asked "what's the hz of the Acer xb281hk?" 

I replied with the answer and said they could have easily gotten it by googling it. Appearently people don't like that reply and get defensive stating "I just want to learn". That's great however you don't need me to teach you the hz rating on a monitor Google it you lazy bast***d.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

It happens all the time on this forum and it is really annoying. It's a shame that we have the "no LMGTFY" rule because it's like the old saying.

Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime

Can't remember who said it, but I remember a quote that went something like:

If you're smart enough to know how to make a post, then you're smart enough to know how to use Google.

This is why forums are so popular and why they are in use to begin with.

If everyone just did an online search there would be very little, if any need for forums at all.

I bet even you are guilty, I bet 100% of people are guilty that use the forum, why? been stated bruh

people like getting confirmations

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

37 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

For example l, on Amazon someone asked "what's the hz of the Acer xb281hk?" 

I replied with the answer and said they could have easily gotten it by googling it. Appearently people don't like that reply and get defensive stating "I just want to learn". That's great however you don't need me to teach you the hz rating on a monitor Google it you lazy bast***d.

The one benefit to something like the amazon question is that questions and answers are linked on the product page.

So, if, for example, a product was missing a crucial detail (Like the Hz rating on a monitor), then it would be nice to have that information still easily visible in the questions/answers, rather than having to go to another site.

But I do understand the sentiment. It can be annoying sometimes. But the problem is that where do you draw the line? Looking up the Hz of a monitor is one thing, but other things that we as tech enthusiasts "take for granted" as common knowledge, are often difficult for a lay man to google, because they may not know the correct answer to ask, or the right search terms to use, or even might not be able to identify the correct answer.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Human interaction sometimes can be more detailed than a Google search that more oftenly than wanted shows an entirely different result. Besides, there is a line between stupid questions and questions whose complexity isnt as straight forward as marketing or surface reviews make it be.

Groomlake Authority

9 minutes ago, yathis said:

Evidence

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/267198-madytehwolfie/?do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

Some random topic

Been asked countless times, a simple search would reveal this.

Agree though the reasoning behind is is a bit above a simple question of what hz is this monitor. One is a simple 60hz the other is i7 because X reason which leads to a person having a greater knowledge base where the other is as simple as a yes or no question....Unless it's about the X34 where it is 60hz and 100hz maybe.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

You get my point though, that is good.

Its quicker just to post on something and see what the results are whether they are true or not is up to the poster to decide, or the responders to correct.

4 minutes ago, yathis said:

You get my point though, that is good.

Its quicker just to post on something and see what the results are whether they are true or not is up to the poster to decide, or the responders to correct.

That's no different than looking at a forum post that already answers the question.

It requires more work, more energy, you actually got to think where as just posting your q. requires a mindless drooooone and some quick fingers. Which is precisely why people are in forums.

I simply stopped answering stupid questions a couple of years ago which got rid of all the frustration on my part. :)

22 hours ago, LAwLz said:

It happens all the time on this forum and it is really annoying. It's a shame that we have the "no LMGTFY" rule because it's like the old saying.

Can't remember who said it, but I remember a quote that went something like:

tzHHo5o.jpg

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580