Question: Any new about Nvidia 11XX series release date ?

Go to solution Solved by Qwweb,
58 minutes ago, Maxinfamily said:

So if anyone knows anything

Volta will likely coming in at very least a year from now (if not two) as it is a new architecture, process, and likely Nvidia's switch to HBM2 memory.

Hi everyone!

Since I havent found any post related in the past month (heres proof: https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=1100+series+site%3Alinustechtips.com&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=1100+series+site:linustechtips.com&tbs=qdr:m&* )and the other thread is almost 1 year old :

Since this post is more like a discussion or a question, Im not sure if Im posting in the right side (but Im posting here since this is related with the news).

So heres the new post! The original idea is to keep this post updated and whenever someone wants to share a new article with the community, here they can do It without creating a new topic so Its almost impossible to look for the right info because the forum is flooded... I think that we all like that idea :).

Attending to the matter at task. This is the "best" I have, a "leak" so far:

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-volta-gpu-leaked-2017-2018/

And some rumors from last year here and there:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/nvidia-volta-release-early

So if anyone knows anything already or gets to know of any article related in the future you are welcome to reply in this post and I will update It.

Edit: maybe is too soon to wonder about the release date... (?) Share your thoughts!

3 minutes ago, Maxinfamily said:

Since I havent found any post related in the past month

This is almost as click-baity as the recent LTT thumbnails.

They haven't even launched the 1080ti yet, why on earth would they be giving dates for the 11XX series?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

They haven't even launched the 1080ti yet

They did actually

Sorry to both of you @RKRiley and @Sauron I totally forgot to change the title. This is not an actual new, I was indeed asking for info and thoughts to you all. Sorry, Im updating It right now.

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

They did actually

I mean properly launched as in they're now for sale and shipping. (Yes i know they're on pre-order already)

Kinda like you could pre-order Ryzen for 5-6 days(was it that?) before it was shipped, but everyone called the shipping day of march 2nd the "launch' day.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

add a [wccf] tag in the title so we know it's bollocks

FTFY. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

I mean properly launched as in they're now for sale and shipping. (Yes i know they're on pre-order already)

Maaaan it made me angry. I JUST bought a 1080 5 weeks ago, and now the prices have dropped a good £100-£130 !!! Grrrrrrrrrrr

If there is no actual release date, why post it in News? @Maxinfamily

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Just now, Fetzie said:

If there is no actual release date, why post it in News? @Maxinfamily

My idea is to have a post which compiles all the news about the release date/leaks so we have all the info sorted out and Its easier to anyone to find it. Thats my idea.

Just now, Maxinfamily said:

Oh come on, check the title please, theres a big "Question: Any news....... ?" Thats not a promess. And since the pourpose of the topic is to gather all the news, I think that this should go here and I leave to the mods to move It if they actually consider that this does not belong here.

When I posted in this thread, it was titled "Nvidia 11xx RELEASE DATE".

19 minutes ago, Maxinfamily said:

Sorry to both of you @RKRiley and @Sauron I totally forgot to change the title. This is not an actual new, I was indeed asking for info and thoughts to you all. Sorry, Im updating It right now.

Heres your answer @Daring . It took me around 20 mins since I first started It, so when I ended It I didnt realice that the actual title didnt match with the post. Im sorry.

2018 is the roadmap for Volta, as for when NO there is NO news, we didn't even have a launch date for the 1080ti till like a week before it launches (on the 10th) do you expect Nvidia to give a launch date for something that is likely a YEAR away?

58 minutes ago, Maxinfamily said:

So if anyone knows anything

Volta will likely coming in at very least a year from now (if not two) as it is a new architecture, process, and likely Nvidia's switch to HBM2 memory.

As the guy said above me, at least another year, at the absolute soonest. year and a half is most likely, and 2 years is the max.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

45 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

2018 is the roadmap for Volta, as for when NO there is NO news, we didn't even have a launch date for the 1080ti till like a week before it launches (on the 10th) do you expect Nvidia to give a launch date for something that is likely a YEAR away?

Thats a good point. I didnt know that they announced the 1080ti so close to Its release date. As @Qwweb, @Orangeator suggested aswell. This is a new architecture and the 1080ti has just been released, is not wise to expect any kind of date.

Anyway... I was just trying to gather some info since I couldnt do It myself, and I trying to organice a bit the forum by suggesting this kind of post since everyday I see how people posts asking the same thing over and over.  That makes relevant posts less visible and leads to flood the forum.

What Ive only get so far is people angry because this is not a new of what they wanted (yes, It had the title wrong, and Im very sorry, It was an updating mistake). Its not like I filled the post with nothing just to troll, I was trying to do something. I honestly don't get why is so hard to cooperate with someone when he exposes a new idea.

Thank you for anyone who actually shared something.

And since there is no actual information and wont exist any kind of information in the near future I invite the mods to close this post. Thanks to everyone.

(I reply again because I dont know how to edit my posts on my mobile, Ive looked for It but I still dont know if It is even possible)

1 minute ago, Maxinfamily said:

Thats a good point. I didnt know that they announced the 1080ti so close to Its release date. As @Qwweb, @Orangeator suggested aswell. This is a new architecture and the 1080ti has just been released, is not wise to expect any kind of date.

Anyway... I was just trying to gather some info since I couldnt do It myself, and I trying to organice a bit the forum by suggesting this kind of post since everyday I see how people posts asking the same thing over and over.  That makes relevant posts less visible and leads to flood the forum.

What Ive only get so far is people angry because this is not a new of what they wanted (yes, It had the title wrong, and Im very sorry, It was an updating mistake). Its not like I filled the post with nothing just to troll, I was trying to do something. I honestly don't get why is so hard to cooperate with someone when he exposes a new idea.

Thank you for anyone who actually shared something.

your problem was what section you posted in, staring a thread asking for information about a GPU needs to be in the GPU section of the forum (like the thread you referenced) not in the NEWS, News is for people posting NEWS articles about upcoming things, not for asking questions while referencing some older news articles.

hopefully that helps clear up the issue.

23 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

your problem was what section you posted in, staring a thread asking for information about a GPU needs to be in the GPU section of the forum (like the thread you referenced) not in the NEWS, News is for people posting NEWS articles about upcoming things, not for asking questions while referencing some older news articles.

hopefully that helps clear up the issue.

I know that they said that the issue was sectioon, but the people doesnt have to get so triggered. You can come in and say "Hey thats actually a good idea (if you agree) but you shoould have posted It in this other section. Oh by the way I know nothing about the vega release or hey, actually I do know this <info here>".

I know, none was disrespectful, but you can always be friendly, I'll always appreciate it.