New Ryzen 1800x - Any test or benchmark requests?

Just build a new 1800x system on a Asus ROG x370 board. 

Does anyone have any benchmark requests they'd like to see?

Obviously if the test or software  costs money and I don't have it,  I'm not going to do it.

How far does it overclock on all 8 cores? How about if you disable two of them? or four of them? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On all 8, with SMT disabled, using autooverclock with a h100i, I was able to get stable 4.2 ghz across all 8 cores during an encoding test for 30+min 

I wouldn't mind seeing a graph of CPU utilisation during a Unigine Valley run (1080p, highest settings), just to get an idea...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

7 minutes ago, Evanair said:

On all 8, with SMT disabled, using autooverclock with a h100i, I was able to get stable 4.2 ghz across all 8 cores during an encoding test for 30+min 

That's promising, are you on the latest bios? What encoding test did you use to stress test? How hot did the CPU get? 

And would you be willing to test disabling cores and overclocking? I'm curious to see how high Ryzen R3's will (likely) realistically overclock. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I was encoding an aftereffects and premiere project I needed to get done, so more of a real world stress test for me. CPU cores were pretty pegged. Didn't get hotter than 54c with fans at standard speeds.

I did update the BIOS as soon as I got it, which allowed me to run ram at 3200 stable.

Also, I'm going to run more tests when I get home. Currently at the dog park then making a trio to Frys to exchange headphones and buy a new copy of Windows

What are the temperatures like? Do you have a way to test if and when throttling occurs?

By the way please quote our questions when you answer them, it gives us a notification and it makes it easier to understand which question you are answering.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Evanair said:

I was encoding an aftereffects and premiere project I needed to get done, so more of a real world stress test for me. CPU cores were pretty pegged. Didn't get hotter than 54c with fans at standard speeds.

I did update the BIOS as soon as I got it, which allowed me to run ram at 3200 stable.

Mind running a more stress-y stress test? Aida64 for example (there's a free trial). 

All good things to hear, the only thing left that interests me is how fewer cores will overclock. Oh, and maybe try manually overclocking to see if you can get all 8 cores above 4.2ghz. Also, what voltage is the CPU at? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

What are the temperatures like? Do you have a way to test if and when throttling occurs?

Temps at idle sit at 34c, temps under load hit a max of 54c.  Hottest thing in the case is the PCH under load. 

If you have any suggestions other than motherboard sensors/HW Monitor during a stress test with the CPU locked at 4.2ghz, please let me know.

2 minutes ago, Evanair said:

If you have any suggestions other than motherboard sensors/HW Monitor during a stress test with the CPU locked at 4.2ghz, please let me know.

Well you could use thermal imaging equipment, but you'd need to buy it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Evanair said:

Temps at idle sit at 34c, temps under load hit a max of 54c.  Hottest thing in the case is the PCH under load. 

Please test it in GTA V, would like to know how it runs there.

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Just now, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Please test it in GTA V, would like to know how it runs there.

No numbers for this, at full settings (with scaling set to 1:1) on 2560x1080 while running a 1060 6GB, I was able to maintain 55-60fps while doing the benchmark run.  If I turned the scaling to 2:1, I dropped to 30-35, so 50% drop.

I didn't have any monitoring software open, so I'm unsure if it's the GPU or CPU bottleneck.  The problem I'm having is HW Monitor isn't picking up the CPU at all, so no data from it to show, I can check temps and clocks in AI Suite.  Unsure if that's AI Suite or the new CPU that's conflicting with HWMonitor

could u test csgo?

with all low settings if u have cs ofc

3 minutes ago, Evanair said:

No numbers for this, at full settings (with scaling set to 1:1) on 2560x1080 while running a 1060 6GB, I was able to maintain 55-60fps while doing the benchmark run.  If I turned the scaling to 2:1, I dropped to 30-35, so 50% drop.

I didn't have any monitoring software open, so I'm unsure if it's the GPU or CPU bottleneck.  The problem I'm having is HW Monitor isn't picking up the CPU at all, so no data from it to show, I can check temps and clocks in AI Suite.  Unsure if that's AI Suite or the new CPU that's conflicting with HWMonitor

How does it do in Cities Skylines? xD Multithreaded game?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Just now, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

How does it do in Cities Skylines? xD Multithreaded game?

Only games I have installed (or own) are D3, Overwatch, GTA5, Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and Kerbal Space Program.  

Just now, Evanair said:

Only games I have installed (or own) are D3, Overwatch, GTA5, Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and Kerbal Space Program.  

MSI afterburner with Rivaturner can't show CPU usage, etc in game?

2 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

MSI afterburner with Rivaturner can't show CPU usage, etc in game?

I'm heading out to get some stuff done, but I'll look into it when I get home.  Even Aida64 gave me a popup that they currently cannot fully support the new CPU and had me send them a report.  At least it can see temps and percentages.

Would be more interested in the benchmarks once the BIOSs get refined more and the games get more optimization.

Curious to see how far the chip can be pushed when ignoring AMDs recommended voltage but I'm not going to ask you to put your CPU at risk for my curiosity. I still suspect we'll see something like with the 480s where the first couple of production runs were bad overclockers but the later ones were great.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

14 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Mind running a more stress-y stress test? Aida64 for example (there's a free trial). 

All good things to hear, the only thing left that interests me is how fewer cores will overclock. Oh, and maybe try manually overclocking to see if you can get all 8 cores above 4.2ghz. Also, what voltage is the CPU at? 

Definitely interested in manual overclocking and 4-6 core overclocking results.

Heck, if you are up for it, I could send you my parallel computing test and see how it does on 1 to 8 threads (maybe to 16, to see if SMT helps or hinders performance?). Something like 1-2-4-8-16. I may need to automate more or guide you through it, though.

@SpaceGhostC2C @DragonTamer1 @Edgar R. Zakarian @djdwosk97  Ok guys, I got super busy yesterday and decided to game a bit instead of testing.  I'll be running some tests (as suggested by a few of you) and posting results to follow. 

Things to note:

1) I will OC the rig, but I'm doing this testing also for myself.  I already ran C15 and noticed a drastic score difference between 8 and 16 threads (SMT on being better).  If it's not too much of a hassle I will disable some threads and push the rig, but only to the point I feel OK with it.  This will be my editing (primary) and gaming (secondary) rig for the forseable future.  

2) AMD is correct 100% when it comes to Windows Scheduler not understanding SMT correctly, especially so while gaming.  GTA V (irriated last night, decided to run over people and mow them down) on numerous occasions was reported by MSI afterburner to throw the majority of processing at a SMT thread(can't call it HT) instead of a physical core. Similar issue in Fallout 4, but I only played it for a few minutes last night.

3) I'm running the Beta BIOS on my board.  While it works great and gets the job done it does have it's quirks.  Like falling "OC" when the system is all auto or LED's going haywire (Glass Case + Bedroom + 2am...... not fun) where they randomly turn on at night... not fun.

4.2 Ghz stable? That beta bios must have done something right then. Most people can't seem to get 4.0 Ghz atm as far as I can tell, or you got super lucky in the sillicon lottery.

37 minutes ago, AdmiralMeowmix said:

4.2 Ghz stable? That beta bios must have done something right then. Most people can't seem to get 4.0 Ghz atm as far as I can tell, or you got super lucky in the sillicon lottery.

http://valid.x86.fr/yszvfq

Here's what I've got from the ASUS Auto Overclock.  Running Stable.

Going to be replacing the ram with something better soon.