GTA V Frame Issues 980 TI

I am a complete computer noob even though I am the go-to for all of my friends because I ordered parts and had a friend help me build this computer and I have had my own desktop PC for about 2 years. I recently replaced by msi r9 280 with a windforce 980 TI ordered from amazon. I never had frame issues with my 280 and I have gotten non-stop stuttering (not sure if correct term) and frame drop etc for no reason. I can run dark souls 3 on ultra settings and get 60 frames easy with no problems and I have no idea what happened with GTA. I can be playing on the lowest settings and still have frame issues consistently. I have tried on multiple occasions to get the optimized settings and change my power options to max performance but nothing works.

btw spec list:

650w psu

i5 4690k

980 TI 6gb

8gb hyperX ram

z97n gaming 5 motherboard

nzxt kraken x41 cooling

980ti cant run gta5 ultra due to vram issues

3800X, Corsiar 32gig 3200mhz LPX, Asus Hero X570. 2080ti black edition

18 minutes ago, SixOhThreeSam said:

I am a complete computer noob even though I am the go-to for all of my friends because I ordered parts and had a friend help me build this computer and I have had my own desktop PC for about 2 years. I recently replaced by msi r9 280 with a windforce 980 TI ordered from amazon. I never had frame issues with my 280 and I have gotten non-stop stuttering (not sure if correct term) and frame drop etc for no reason. I can run dark souls 3 on ultra settings and get 60 frames easy with no problems and I have no idea what happened with GTA. I can be playing on the lowest settings and still have frame issues consistently. I have tried on multiple occasions to get the optimized settings and change my power options to max performance but nothing works.

btw spec list:

650w psu

i5 4690k

980 TI 6gb

8gb hyperX ram

nzxt kraken x41 cooling

copy my settings i show them at the beginning of the video:

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Ah... I remember now why i haven't been playing gta5 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

GTA5 is broken for some 980ti users but not others, it seems to be completely random. My friend has a 6700K and a 980ti and his frame time is terrible.

My other friend is having the same issue on a 970 but oddly enough can fix it if he enters a specific garage he owns and doesn't enter any other buildings.

I sometimes get hit with major frame time spikes for about 5 to 10 seconds but then it goes away.

Since my card is an AMD but everyone else is using NVidia, it's not a single card company issue. This all seems to be on Rockstar.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

4 hours ago, SixOhThreeSam said:

btw spec list:

650w psu

i5 4690k

980 TI 6gb

8gb hyperX ram

nzxt kraken x41 cooling

I have a client that has an i5-6500 (Slower than your 4690K), 8GB RAM and GTX 980 Ti and they experience no issues in GTA V, BF1 and other CPU/GPU demanding titles. I assume you have been monitoring temperatures when playing GTA V? I assume you also have tried reinstalling/updating drivers?

Drivers are always up to date, temps are fine. 8 gigs should be more than enough ram. Also single player has no problems with frames and the first lobby I enter online never has any issues but if I have to swap lobbies or join a friend then I start getting frame issues, makes no sense. I am just going to take the L and upgrade to a 1080 ti a little while after that is released because I love playing GTA, assuming this is Rockstars problem optimizing the game or something.