Finally Joker Ryzen CPU gaming benchmarks on track!

Yeah, listen folks my thoughts as an Intel fanboi are:

Comparing a mature product with one whose drivers and BIOS are still in an essentially beta state is kind of worthless.

The mobo manufacturers have not had much time to develop their UEFI's and Mickysoft has not had a chance to mature a CPU driver.

Give it a month or two, to a time we aren't getting shipped 27 BIOS/driver updates per day.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

1 hour ago, plus said:

There's an interesting reaction to this video.

Yup. Joker has been faking his benchmarks and is now being called out for it. His name fits him perfectly.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

20 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

Yup. Joker has been faking his benchmarks and is now being called out for it. His name fits him perfectly.

Not really suprised, Joker seemed to rub me the wrong way.

On 3/3/2017 at 3:04 PM, i_build_nanosuits said:

watchdogs 2 and battlefield 1 use all 16 threads...it's just that none of them is fast enough.

So then neither are the intel 8 cores. Wait for Ryzen 5 processors if you want better gaming-only performance, as Ryzen beats the i7-7700K in most streaming applications, and at 4k streaming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7ghz (1.3v) Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 GPU: Zotac Mini GTX 1060 Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) Mobo: MSI B350m mortar arctic

RAM: Team Vulcan DDR4 (2x4gb, 2666mhz) Storage: Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm HDD, PNY CS1311 Sata SSD (6gb/s) PSU: EVGA - BQ 500w 80+ Bronze semi modular

On 3/3/2017 at 4:26 PM, PCGuy_5960 said:

SMT overhead is a hardware issue AFAIK... It will be perfected with later revisions of the CPU, but I am not sure that this issue can be solved with a BIOS update...

Someone went out and tested Ryzen on Windows 7, and performance with SMT on was better than windows 10 with SMT off.  So there is an issue with windows 10 not correctly using the multithreading, as well as some additional windows 10 overhead it seems.

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-strictly-technical.2500572/page-8#post-38775732

reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5xkghp/confirmed_windows_10_scheduler_is_gimping_ryzen/

Another thing I don't like about these benchmarks is that none of them are testing multi-tasking, such as playing a game and watching a youtube video, or playing a game and streaming to twitch.  That is where the benefit of an 8 core cpu vs a 4 core cpu starts to make sense imo.  I personally would like to see some multi-tasking benchmarks.

6 hours ago, plus said:

There's an interesting reaction to this video.

4 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

i don't get it though!? the accusation in this video is that Joker's intel test platform was rubbish and was not pusing the frames it should have if it would have been running at 5.0ghz?! and Bryan said that he is more in line with 7700K at 4.0ghz...therefore he would have ran the ryzen overclocked and the intel at stock...which would mean intel crush ryzen even more?!

Can someone explain further? cause i really don't get it...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR