First AM4 ITX board appears - Uses x370 Chipset

goodtofufriday
Just now, Deli said:

How much? $20??

Many people simply don't see the point of gigantic ATX mobo  and big tower cases when they have no plan to SLI or Crossfire. ITX build makes so much more sense.

I super like the part where you're ignoring mATX entirely.

But even what you're getting into, people PLAN  For ITX you have to PLAN.  You have to get a cooler and GPU that will fit into an ITX case.  It takes a more conscious effort to plan an ITX build and not accidentally screw yourself over.  Even if someone isn't building a top-top end build, they have to be more than the 'average user' to even be motivated to plan out an ITX specific build.

And yeah, all the components cost more. The motherboards cost more.  The cases cost more.  The PSUs cost more.  (Okay, I admit that some ITX cases can take ATX PSUs)  ITX specific cooling options can cost more.

ITX builds are not 'average' but don't confuse that for me saying that they are all top end.  But as they are not average, some of those builds are going to use higher end CPUs.  But when you are talking about the 'average user' you are not talking about ITX builds.

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

But even what you're getting into, people PLAN  For ITX you have to PLAN.  You have to get a cooler and GPU that will fit into an ITX case.  It takes a more conscious effort to plan an ITX build and not accidentally screw yourself over.  Even if someone isn't building a top-top end build, they have to be more than the 'average user' to even be motivated to plan out an ITX specific build.

And yeah, all the components cost more. The motherboards cost more.  The cases cost more.  The PSUs cost more.  (Okay, I admit that some ITX cases can take ATX PSUs)  ITX specific cooling options can cost more.

ITX builds are not 'average' but don't confuse that for me saying that they are all top end.  But as they are not average, some of those builds are going to use higher end CPUs.  But when you are talking about the 'average user' you are not talking about ITX builds.

while i agree that when it comes to ITX, its usually for the prosumers,
its not exactly true that ITX builds costs more. conversely, you are likely to spend less. when you compare a good ITX case to a good ATX one, most of the time the ATX costs more. you can argue that there are cheap ATX cases no doubt, but thats not exactly fair is it? there are also cheap ITX cases.

motherboards don't exactly cost alot more than their equal counterparts. not an earth shattering amount anyway.
PSUs are pretty much equal as well. if comparing something like a sfx600w gold from silverstone to a evga 600w gold one.
cooling solutions are likely to cost less for ITX instead since you are space constrained and won't be able to fit something like a top end air cooler or 240 aio. 
similarly, thermal constrains may even push you to selecting lower tdp components or even avoid oc-ing all together.

of course i don't have exact prices, all these just off the top of my head.
in the end this argument is a moot point if you aren't comparing as equal as possible as ATX has alot more cheaper varieties so yes in that sense ATX is cheaper or rather it is possible for ATX to be cheaper.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Well if not AsRock / MSi releases a miTX board very soon Ill  probably get this one...

W1 | X4 965 | 4x2GB | HD7950 | 550w | 240GBx2

49 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Maybe your definition of "average" is very different from mine.

Also, I have like Define Nano S those type of cases in my head. Which doesn't need any special ccoling solution or SFX PSU.

If you're talking about NCASE M1 or Dan Cases A4-SFX. Then yes, those builders aren't "average".

On 03/03/2017 at 8:01 PM, PCGuy_5960 said:

I meant: 

To get the most out of Ryzen overclocking wise.... :P

o.O seriously i dont get you. so youre saying that for gaming you have to oc and any board notperfectly made for it is pointless?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

6 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

o.O seriously i dont get you. so youre saying that for gaming you have to oc and any board notperfectly made for it is pointless?

Have you seen Ryzen non OC benchmarks? (for gaming?)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

This board likely doesnt have the power delivery needed for decent OC any as it has a 4 pin cpu power connector. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

2 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Have you seen Ryzen non OC benchmarks? (for gaming?)

Listen dude as you can read from my sig i Run a 8120 so dont Talk to me about Bad benchmarks. Yes obviously OC will get you more for your money but Not everyonemwants to tinker. Doesnt make this board pointless. Im Not saying non OC ryzen would be my choice for gaming im just saying itx boards have their place inspite being Not so super well endowed for OC as bigger boards

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

11 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

Listen dude as you can read from my sig i Run a 8120 so dont Talk to me about Bad benchmarks. Yes obviously OC will get you more for your money but Not everyonemwants to tinker. Doesnt make this board pointless. Im Not saying non OC ryzen would be my choice for gaming im just saying itx boards have their place inspite being Not so super well endowed for OC as bigger boards

This board would be amazing for a small form factor workstation. For gaming I would get a 7700K and a Z270 mITX motherboard and call it a day.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

11 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

This board would be amazing for a small form factor workstation. For gaming I would get a 7700K and a Z270 mITX motherboard and call it a day.

well i had hopes for ryzen but seeing now how everything turned out sadly i have to agree and will just get the msi z270i with a 7700k not for oc though im just hoping i can undervolt that sucker for even lower noise. which brings up one point im still interested in about ryzen. did amd finally fix the stock cooler or is it still a turbine.

10 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

which brings up one point im still interested in about ryzen. did amd finally fix the stock cooler or is it still a turbine.

TBH, idk. I haven't found benchmarks that use the stock cooler.... 

14 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

TBH, idk. I haven't found benchmarks that use the stock cooler.... 

It uses the wraith cooler, which was launched with the 7890k -- which does perform pretty well (around hyper 212 iirc).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

It uses the wraith cooler, which was launched with the 7890k -- which does perform pretty well (around hyper 212 iirc).

It's not the same Wraith Cooler as the 7890K though...

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

It's not the same Wraith Cooler as the 7890K though...

Presumably it won't be worse. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Presumably it won't be worse. 

Have you seen the Wraith Spire? It doesn't even have heatpipes xD CPUs with the actual Wraith coolers are not being sold right now....

11 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Have you seen the Wraith Spire? It doesn't even have heatpipes xD CPUs with the actual Wraith coolers are not being sold right now....

Ohhhh, I figured it would be similar to the normal wraith cooler.

By the looks of it, it's maybe marginally better than Intel's stock cooler. mkay AMD. well played. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Ohhhh, I figured it would be similar to the normal wraith cooler.

By the looks of it, it's maybe marginally better than Intel's stock cooler. mkay AMD. well played. 

Marginally better? I've seen people on Reddit talking about the Wraith Spire keeping a 3.9GHz OC on a 1700 rock solid at 65-70ºC. For a stock solution with no heat pipes that's amazing.

Ye ole' train

31 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

it has much more mass, and the fan has a shroud which helps with air flow

20 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Marginally better? I've seen people on Reddit talking about the Wraith Spire keeping a 3.9GHz OC on a 1700 rock solid at 65-70ºC. For a stock solution with no heat pipes that's amazing.

Anything you read on Reddit should be taken as a grain of salt.

I saw some claims they have their 7700K @ 5.0GHz under 55C at full load with 212 EVO. Yeah, I'd believe that.

19 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

But, Ryzen's temp sensors are not accurate xD

Since I'm waiting for the R5's to come out anyways, I find myself wanting a water cooled ITX build more and more every day.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

On 3/3/2017 at 1:46 PM, goodtofufriday said:

I used to run a 8350 ITX setup

U wot, there is no consumer grade am3 itx boards

Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

Hifiman HE4xx | Philips SHP9500s | Swans HiVi M10

2 hours ago, NightBladeDK said:

U wot, there is no consumer grade am3 itx boards

Firstly, for am3 there is. 

For am3+, whic people say there isnt, there is. I showed it on the first page. Youd have seen it had you kept reading. 

"Yes there is sir. ECS A960m-mv - technically DTX but I digress. It fits in itx cases.

https://imgur.com/a/h4mpG "

I personally made a pc with it. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX