My First Build, What you think? **UPDATED 08/03/2017**

Hi all,

What do you think of my first build?

The specs are -

CPU - Intel i5 6600k @ 3.5Ghz

GPU - Asus 1060 Strix OC Edition

Mobo -  ASUS® Z170-P: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

PSU - 550 Corsair None Modular

Ram - 8Gb Hyper X @ 2333Mhz (I think its that speed)

Cooler - 212 Evo.. Next week it shall be Upgraded to Nzxt x52 Watercooled 240mm

Case - CiT Dark Soul Black Midi Tower Case (Best £20 ever spent!) (Originally was Corsair 200r)

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

***New Update 08/03/2017***

The GPU is lower but they are both PCI 3.0x16 after comfirming will 3 employees! Whoop... Hides my cables :)

PU - Intel i5 6600k @ 3.5Ghz

Mobo -  ASUS® Z170-P: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

Cooler - Nzxt x52 Kracken Liquid Cooler + 3 exhaust fans... The fan of the 212 evo is now my exhaust fan and sucks heat like a boss!

Case - CiT Dark Soul Black Midi Tower Case

What do you think chaps?

20170308_080032[1].jpg

20170308_075928[1].jpg

20170308_075319[1].jpg

20170308_075634[1].jpg

Pc[1].mp4

2 minutes ago, BobRawkz said:

Hi all,

What do you think of my first build?

The specs are -

CPU - Intel i5 6600k @ 3.5Ghz

Cooler - 212 Evo.. Next week it shall be Upgraded to Nzxt x52 Watercooled 240mm

Case - CiT Dark Soul Black Midi Tower Case (Best £20 ever spent!) (Originally was Corsair 200r)

Pic 1.jpgPic 2.jpg

why didnt you list the motherboard

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

1 minute ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

why didnt you list the motherboard

Oh Yeah.. Forgot about that!

Just now, DanielMiddletown said:

Next time take the case window off. I believe your room was not intended to be in you build;).

Otherwise thumbs up...

Haha, I was thinking the same. When i cleaned the window, I wasnt expecting such a shiny reflection! haha.

When I put my Nzxt x52 in next week, I will update this thread with new pics and remember that! haha

15 hours ago, DanielMiddletown said:

Next time take the case window off. I believe your room was not intended to be in you build;).

Otherwise thumbs up...

Haha nc 1. Welcome builder i hope ur have so much fun building pc. 

make sure your gpu is in a full speed pci-e slot. It struck me as weird its not on the top, I had to really look to make sure it was in. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

16 hours ago, cc143 said:

make sure your gpu is in a full speed pci-e slot. It struck me as weird its not on the top, I had to really look to make sure it was in. 

Yes i notice that too. That configuration will probably run the gpu in x4 which reduces its performance.

8 hours ago, KeepItCool said:

Yes i notice that too. That configuration will probably run the gpu in x4 which reduces its performance.

Well theoretically if its a gen 3 slot, it should work as it should be at x4 (i think, I could be mistaken). 

Still, you may as well use a x16 gen 3 slot if you have one, unless there is some practical reason why you don't want your gpu to be on the top pci-e slot. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Afternoon Chaps,

You could be onto something here! After looking at the pic, Its looks like its in slot "PCIe 3.0 x16 (x4 Bandwidth)" and not in the primary GPU slot.. Which is the grey slot.

When I get home later, I move the GPU up and see it that helps. I have played games on this in High-Ultra 1080p and its worked fine.. Does his 40+ Degrees...  Hope it can be cooler.

Thanks Guys!

Rob

22 hours ago, cc143 said:

Well theoretically if its a gen 3 slot, it should work as it should be at x4 (i think, I could be mistaken). 

Still, you may as well use a x16 gen 3 slot if you have one, unless there is some practical reason why you don't want your gpu to be on the top pci-e slot. 

On 05/03/2017 at 7:26 AM, KeepItCool said:

After speaking to a colleague in work (Who is currently building a 3xWatercooled 1080 SLI Mammoth).. He looked into this and has confirmed the GPU is not in its correct Slot.

Will be changing as soon as i get home!

Thanks for pointing this out!

Rob