Free windows?

moostrater

is there a way i can get windows 10 for free? my old hard drive got corrupted so i had to get a new one and lost my windows 10 copy so i need a new copy of windows 10 but i don't have one. please i need your help new overwatch hero just got announced and i'm really eager to play.

OnTheHub through your school. Begging won't help here. In the worst case, run in unactivated

Windows is fundamentally a paid software. Without being eligible for an educational license or being gifted a license by someone, there isn't a way to activate it for free that isn't illegal. 

You can buy W10 keys from places like Reddit and Kinguin for $20 or so. 

6 minutes ago, moostrater said:

is there a way i can get windows 10 for free? my old hard drive got corrupted so i had to get a new one and lost my windows 10 copy so i need a new copy of windows 10 but i don't have one. please i need your help new overwatch hero just got announced and i'm really eager to play.

Download a media installer of windows 10 to your usb, and set boot to it via bios

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

go through the setup

press "I dont have a key"

It will block customization but thats about it.

contact microsoft. I proved that I HAD a legit win7 key, but it rubbed off the sticker as it was a laptop, and they generated a new key.

if it originally came with windows 8 or 10, it will activate upon reinstall.

Windows 10 can be reactivated through your hardware ID or Live account. So if you have already got win10 during the free period, you can just reinstall it and it will reactivate.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

When I built my pc at the beginning of the school year, I used the code from the family pack we got when windows 7 first came out and it worked. If you still have the code, it should still work. If not, just still get the .iso from Microsoft and say you don't have a product key.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Just install it from a USB and don't activate it.

It works just fine, with a watermark and no personalization.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Sounds like you already had it on your computer.  Regardless of the kind of license you had, you'll still be licensed to use it on that machine. Just download the ISO from Microsoft directly and reinstall.  What's the issue?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

if u are talking about piracy wise, u won't get an answer here, u will have to get that info from google, Windows 10 is easy to get for free

My PCPartPicker - 1st Build

24 minutes ago, moostrater said:

kids these days are so lazy. whatever happened to holding up a store with gun or punching the salesman in the face?

You got a MS account? you can link your wondiws 10 to your MS account so all you need is the iso which you can get direct from microsoft.com

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Nope, don't think a full version is free unless you have win7. But the trial version works just fine except for the occasional reminder 

Some good news, perhaps: If your account was a Microsoft linked account (and not a local account), then your product key is tied to that account.

So all you need to do, is download Windows 10 Media Creation tool, prepare a disk or USB flash drive, go on your PC, boot from it, and install Windows 10.

At the product key page, you'll have the option "i don't have a product key" (or something like that), which will skip this step, and resume installation.

Once done, use the same Microsoft account credential that you used before, and once in, check for updates, and install needed drivers, and by that time, you'll notice that Windows will be activated again. If not, restart, and now it should be :)