AM4 mobo's BIOS performance bias?!

zMeul
2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

ROG_EXT

bq8CP6.jpg

AAFP is the front panel audio,

Turns out that it doesn't have the  connector.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, leadeater said:

Your OC panel is so much nicer than my old shitty one :(. Wanna swap? lol

Too funny bud.  I know which one you have and believe it or not, it has more flexibility than the ROG Front Panel that I'm using.  Yours has extra fan headers and all.  Mine just controls the motherboard's fan headers and allows for switching of the OC presets.  Some sound IOs and a USB.  I don't use any of that crap.  I just use the CPU temp and frequency so I can shut off monitoring software during benchmarks.

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Too funny bud.  I know which one you have and believe it or not, it has more flexibility than the ROG Front Panel that I'm using.  Yours has extra fan headers and all.  Mine just controls the motherboard's fan headers and allows for switching of the OC presets.  Some sound IOs and a USB.  I don't use any of that crap.  I just use the CPU temp and frequency so I can shut off monitoring software during benchmarks.

Fan headers are basically useless to me, I ran my system for ages completely passive with 3x 480 XTX's. Brought 8 FF5-120's since they were cheap and was buying stuff from EK anyway, went with a manual fan controller and still only bother to run 2 of 8 fans at all and on min.

Bth I don't even know where my OC panel is.

18 hours ago, zMeul said:

the idea is similar but clock gating is used to save power not to increase performance

by disabling things that arent needed, it should make it easier to clock higher, but we dont know when ryzen clock gates :-|

Just now, cj09beira said:

by disabling things that arent needed, it should make it easier to clock higher, but we dont know when ryzen clock gates :-|

check the post right above

13 minutes ago, zMeul said:

check the post right above

well they seem to be optimizing the clok speed acording to the load on each core

well they seem to be optimizing the clok speed acording to the load on each core

no, they're "optimizing" the speed of the cores based on the software that runs

check back to the OP, CB15 is "optimized" - what you're seeing in the shots is exactly that "optimization" at work - boosting the clocks beyond what other non"optimized" loads will clock at

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

check back to the OP, CB15 is "optimized" - what you're seeing in the shots is exactly that "optimization" at work - boosting the clocks beyond what other non"optimized" loads will clock at

i wee it now, well we will have to see what this is 

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

So if I'm looking at those captures correctly.  Under a normal load it runs the clocks down to ~3.5 GHz (varying per core), but when Cinebench R15 is detected, it clocks up to 3.7 GHz across all cores with no variation?

Seems similar to the other shady shit outlined by Gamer's Nexus in this video.

i wee it now, well we will have to see what this is 

this is what this topic was about from the beginning - AMD boosting select benchmarks to make it look better than it will actually perform in regular workloads

Just now, zMeul said:

this is what this topic was about from the beginning - AMD boosting select benchmarks to make it look better than it will actually perform in regular workloads

I've got to say man, you took the attacks pretty well.  Ice up those wounds and get back in the fight.  :D

Just now, done12many2 said:

I've got to say man, you took the attacks pretty well.  Ice up those wounds and get back in the fight.  :D

I have the deflector shield up and boosted with AMD's fine winetechnology

Just now, zMeul said:

one side of me hopes they just extend this to more programs,

the other thinks they shouldn't have done anything like this

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

i wasn't attacking, just miss read the info,  was having difficulty seeing the pictures

i wasn't attacking, just miss read the info,  was having difficulty seeing the pictures

he wasn't talking about you

there are 10 pages on this thread and loads of those pages contains posts from people that just attack me

Just now, zMeul said:

he wasn't talking about you

there are 10 pages on this thread and loads of those pages contains posts from people that just attack me

well.

people hate when people poke their Ryzen beliefs 

3 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

well.

people hate when people poke their Ryzen beliefs 

What makes it worse is they ride off into the distance as if it never happened.  That's the internet for ya!  ;)

Shit has definitely calmed down in the CPU section.  The arguing just stopped.  Too quiet.  @zMeul create another thread.  That'll damn sure fix the quiet. xD

Just now, done12many2 said:

What makes it worse is they ride off into the distance as if it never happened.  That's the internet for ya!  ;)

Shit has definitely calmed down in the CPU section.  The arguing just stopped.  Too quiet.  @zMeul create another thread.  That'll damn sure fix the quiet. xD

I saw the leaked benches from ChipHell and I couldn't resist

especially when I saw some serious calamities in there

4 hours ago, zMeul said:

@leadeater

look at this, AMD is doing something really funky with the BIOS

OCCT all cores 100% load, look at the clocks:

is this the proof you're asking?

Weird. Not been able to watch the full video yet, know if that was running using Auto mode, disabled or set to one of the presets in the bios?

Hopefully this will make them do some more in depth checking in to what those bios settings do, really interested in see the effects for other applications while it set to one of them.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Weird. Not been able to watch the full video yet, know if that was running using Auto mode, disabled or set to one of the presets in the bios?

he did not use the same mobo as the one in the OP and I looked at ASUS's support page, there is no BIOS listed

some other people on reddit, with other ASUS AM4 mobos, said that the Perf Bias setting was there but there were no options other than Auto

7 minutes ago, zMeul said:

he did not use the same mobo as the one in the OP and I looked at ASUS's support page, there is no BIOS listed

Do we know if that board had the same bios settings?

Also why the hell is the CPU not able to even keep to the base frequency at all core 100%?!?!

Edit:

Also as soon as cinebench opens, not even running yet, it boosts straight to 4GHz....

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Do we know if that board had the same bios settings?

I do not know

the layout of the BIOS on the mobo he uses is quite different and he doesn't go through all the available settings

there are other settings missing from his BIOS, like SMT Mode, BCLK Freq, BCLK Divider