AM4 mobo's BIOS performance bias?!

zMeul
15 minutes ago, zMeul said:

March 1st - 15.08

March 2nd - 14.96

right now - 13.9

The entire market is down at the moment, in anticipation of another Interest Rake Hike.
NVIDIA down 3.66% as well.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/01/chance-of-a-march-rate-hike-doubled-cme.html

http://seekingalpha.com/news/3248452-futures-lower-ahead-fed-speeches?app=1&uprof=45&dr=1#email_link

Sure short term traders and hype trainers jumped on the launch and reviews; then again AMD lost $2 on Polaris' launch. Only to gain 9% market share and grow from that $5 to it's current 13.885 in just over 8 months.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

1 minute ago, Organized said:

-

please stop

you said you'd stop, please do

AMD's stock took a dump on itself because of Zen overhype and you're trying to convince me it didn't .. OK

Just now, Valentyn said:

The entire market is down at the moment, in anticipation of another Interest Rake Hike

I asked what other company took a 7% hit, eh ..

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

I asked what other company took a 7% hit, eh ..

Lots of companies.

e330586e5ccc4336b79c14d7499c8d5c.png

4 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Lots of companies.

good, now eliminate those that did not launch products yesterday and you're left with?

good, now eliminate those that did not launched products yesterday and you're left with?

Wow this is just plain stupid. What's your highest educational degree if I may ask?

9 minutes ago, zMeul said:

good, now eliminate those that did not launched products yesterday and you're left with?

Straw man at it's finest. Despite the product launch they're better off than the majority of NASDAQ and NYSE decliners. Short term traders jumped out at 15.4 peak and mid 14's, investors are still in for the long haul.

As I said, even NVIDIA took a 3.66% drop yesterday. 
Hell they took another drop before that the day they announced the GTX 1080ti as well.

And NVIDIA is down another 1.38% right now. 

It must obviously be because they announced the GTX 1080Ti right? No other reasons at all, if we go by your logic.

9bcb36fbf1734b729952863add83bf15.png

0ade077117764adf88b6bb2619a0aaf2.png

7 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Straw man at it's finest. Despite the product launch they're better off than the majority of NASDAQ and NYSE decliners. Short term traders jumped out at 15.4 peak, investors are still in for the long haul.

As I said, even NVIDIA took a 3.66% drop yesterday. 
Hell they took another drop before that the day they announced the GTX 1080ti as well.

I'm the straw man?!

it's absolute coincidence AMD's stock takes a hit the day reviews are out?! I think not

AMD well being depends on how these products are received

you compare it with nVidia - nVidia isn't only doing consumer grade products at the moment (180Ti, Nintendo Switch) , there might be other stuff in the background we do not know about that impacted their stock value

nVidia took a hit, who gives a shit?! you care? open a topic about it

5 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I'm the straw man?!

it's absolute coincidence AMD's stock takes a hit the day reviews are out?! I think not

AMD well being depends on how these products are received

you compare it with nVidia - nVidia isn't only doing consumer grade products at the moment, there might be other stuff in the background we do not know about that impacted their stock value

Obviously NVIDIA announcing the GTX 1080Ti is causing their stock drop. Down to -2.12% today.

e1c3231548234488b04dda0dcbcca110.png

You're also not reading people's posts at all. Let me quote myself.

The entire market is down at the moment, in anticipation of another Interest Rake Hike.

Sure short term traders and hype trainers jumped on the launch and reviews; then again AMD lost $2 on Polaris' launch. Only to gain 9% market share and grow from that $5 to it's current 13.885 in just over 8 months.

Short term traders jumped out at 15.4 peak, investors are still in for the long haul.

@Valentyn I tried explaining him how stock markets work for a couple of hours now, he just doesn't want to get it or maybe he simply can't. Be sure you want to get frustrated by his ignorance, otherwise stop discussing with him ^_^ Just a friendly advice :D 

8 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Obviously NVIDIA announcing the GTX 1080Ti is causing their stock drop. Down to -2.12% today.

if nVidia took a hit because of the 1080Ti? the reason might be because of the paper launch.

oh, and PS: Polaris launch was also a disappointment 

Edited by zMeul

2 minutes ago, Organized said:

I tried explaining him how stock markets work for a couple of hours now

you explained shit, mate, you only attacked me

"for hours" ??! O.o

Just now, zMeul said:

you explained shit, mate, you only attacked me

No, I advised you to inform yourselves on things you want to talk about before posting it on the internet. The things you said are just wrong, and If you would take my advise, read my posts and do a little bit of research, you would know that you have been wrong. But you don't want to feel wrong and that's why you are ignoring everything here in keep posting trash. Simple.

Just now, zMeul said:

nVidia took a hit because of the 1080Ti? the reason might be because of the paper launch

No, the reason is because the entire market is preparing for an Interest Hike, and short term traders are cashing out their profits.

It's happening across the board, on all US markets.

NVIDIA still going down, it doesn't mean medium and long term investors are going to jumps ship. Same applies to AMD, short term is dropping to keep profits, long term is not.

e7c6d653d6ee4a7c9fd35a0c6cd343cc.png

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

No, the reason is because the entire market is preparing for an Interest Hike, and short term traders are cashing out their profits.

It's happening across the board, on all US markets.

NVIDIA still going down, it doesn't mean medium and long term investors are going to jumps ship. Same applies to AMD, short term is dropping to keep profits, long term is not.

e7c6d653d6ee4a7c9fd35a0c6cd343cc.png

2-3% isn't 7%

how's Intel doing, eh? just out of curiosity

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

2-3% isn't 7%

Since February 28 nvidia lost about 8%. Total disaster. Looks like the 1080Ti is going to be a huge fail, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

About +/- 0% for months now.

EDIT: I mean the mid-term trend ;)

2-3% isn't 7%

That's 3% today, another 3.6% the day before and so on. NVIDIA took a nasty hit.
Intel is pretty much the same as always; solid company still, peaked at +0.3%, but it's not really balancing out the prior losses.

8 minutes ago, Organized said:

Since February 28 nvidia lost about 8%. Total disaster. Looks like the 1080Ti is going to be a huge fail, isn't it?

and ignoring what I said, I see ..

nVidia hans;t launched shit and that's where their problem is, paper launch isn't lauch - it's shit, it's like showing you a plastic cookie

the other reason might be because the 1080Ti devalues the Titan X

might be because of the 1080 price cut - how much you think nVidia had to write off for this price cut?

also, nVidia doesn't do only consumer grade products - they're involved with Nintendo for the Switch; they're involved in the HPC market with Pascal Teslas, auto-motive industry Drive PX

Just now, zMeul said:

and ignoring what I said, I see ..

nVidia hans;t launched shit and that's where their problem is paper launch isn't lauch - it's shit, it's like showing you a plastic cookie

the other reason might be because the 1080Ti devalues the Titan X

also, nVidia doesn't do only consumer grade products - they're involved with Nintendo for the Switch; they're involved in the HPC market with Teslas, auto-motive industry

That's the thing though, despite Ryzen suffering losses due to gaming with the R7, they showed long term investors one thing. Ryzen can do well in Enterprise workloads. That's where Naples their server arch comes in.

Personally I think the bloody fools should have waiting another month minimum before launching the R7 line.
Motherboard manufacturers haven't even finished the BIOS yet it seems, and all they've done is incurred early losses and taken away the highlight from the fact Ryzen can compete, and at a decent price point.

Now, when it comes to Vega though..well, we'll have to see what happens there; but I think they're going to try and focus too much on HPC there, and cram all that in the consumer side as well. Hobbling their gaming performance, in favour or Enterprise again.

As for the GTX 1080Ti, sure the announcement lost them some Share holders, but the biggest issue is most analysts have NV down as an overvalued stock. Add in this fear of an interest hike, and you have these week long drops.

4 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

That's the thing though, despite Ryzen suffering losses due to gaming with the R7, they showed long term investors one thing. Ryzen can do well in Enterprise workloads. That's where Naples their server arch comes in.

no they won't

Ryzen is not a enterprise product and Naples is way down the road

enterprise clients aren't going to throw their data centers out of the window in expectancy of Naples - that's why Intel stock did not get a hit and this is why Intel doesn't fear Zen, for now

AMD shit the bed in a major way with this launch

they hurried the launch to match GDC and did not had the products ready - shit wasn't properly tested and validated, reviewers had real problems that painted Ryzen launch in a very bad way

they also should've had R5 CPU in the launch line-up, that's another bit point against them

10 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

That's 3% today, another 3.6% the day before and so on. NVIDIA took a nasty hit.
Intel is pretty much the same as always; solid company still, peaked at +0.3%, but it's not really balancing out the prior losses.

Take it from me, youre wasting your time. He feigns willful ignorance or just flat out ignores things in responses. And in other times says things beyond comprehension.  

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

3 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Take it from me, youre wasting your time. He feigns willful ignorance or just flat out ignores things in responses. And in other times says things beyond comprehension.  

oh .. so when I ask wtf are you on about and don't reply it's my fault .. I see

On 3/1/2017 at 5:16 PM, SansVarnic said:

OP please add more content, I am definitely missing something here.

I've given up on people fairly comparing any computer systems anymore. It's been almost a decade since I've seen fair MIPS validations and Linpack test numbers for consumer processors with as many variables as possible eliminated between test systems. To really do appropriate benchmarks, there's alot more that should go on than is going on. 

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

I've given up on people fairly comparing any computer systems anymore. It's been almost a decade since I've seen fair MIPS validations and Linpack test numbers for consumer processors with as many variables as possible eliminated between test systems. To really do appropriate benchmarks, there's alot more that should go on than is going on. 

because these are not enterprise grade products, they're consumer

no one in the consumer market gives a shit about Linpack