Blue LED DIMMABLE Strips

Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
On 4/8/2017 at 2:29 PM, lolimpol said:

yeah, that would work, split the dc jack end, get out a multimeter, check ground and +12v 12v to red, ground to black

for the led strip you could just get the two wires and solder it to the blue and +12v pad, cable or no cable it's the same thing

So I bought all that stuff and while checking out I saw what I think I was really looking for, a barrel to 4 pin connector  which sadly only came in pairs so I probably spent too much on it, but I bought this and the Single Light kit @lolimpol originally suggested....

It worked! I got everything in today. I didnt even try previously mentioned idea of using the 4 pin to bare wires and hooking them up to barrel adaptors, just went straight for the last minute find. 

The controller designed for a single LED strip works, all I needed was that barrel to 4 pin adaptor and I had a working DIMMABLE led strip (plus the controller comes with some effects) but for the most part I got what I needed. And it costs less than $10 for all the adapters I needed

To reiterate:

From psu->

Molex to DC barrel -> 

Barrel SINGLE LED dimmer controller ->

Barrel to 4 Pin adaptor ->

Into @CableMod LED strips/ 4 pin single color strip

I'm very happy this all worked out. Now my friend will be able to dim or turn off the lights remotely with the flick of a switch!!! Thank you guys very much for helping me out with this project. I will post photos when everything is done.

On 4/7/2017 at 2:33 AM, TVwazhere said:

So, I'm back.

I bought the one you told me not to buy. It functioned, as in it powered the LED's and nothing else sadly. No dim, no fade, couldnt even turn off the lights. Bummer, but not a big deal it was only $2

I do have the molex to barrel adapter though. And I've seen a version of the controller that just has wires , which Im thinking with an adapter I could get the power, and then try using this 4 pin to singles that I just found tonight and play around with this and see if it works, since i only need 2 out of 4 wires. Maybe I'll have more luck with the Cable mod wires. What do you think? Is this a sound idea, or "if it didnt work with the 4 pin RGB header it probably wont work"?

yeah, that would work, split the dc jack end, get out a multimeter, check ground and +12v 12v to red, ground to black

for the led strip you could just get the two wires and solder it to the blue and +12v pad, cable or no cable it's the same thing

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2017 at 2:29 PM, lolimpol said:

So I bought all that stuff and while checking out I saw what I think I was really looking for, a barrel to 4 pin connector  which sadly only came in pairs so I probably spent too much on it, but I bought this and the Single Light kit @lolimpol originally suggested....

It worked! I got everything in today. I didnt even try previously mentioned idea of using the 4 pin to bare wires and hooking them up to barrel adaptors, just went straight for the last minute find. 

The controller designed for a single LED strip works, all I needed was that barrel to 4 pin adaptor and I had a working DIMMABLE led strip (plus the controller comes with some effects) but for the most part I got what I needed. And it costs less than $10 for all the adapters I needed

To reiterate:

From psu->

Molex to DC barrel -> 

Barrel SINGLE LED dimmer controller ->

Barrel to 4 Pin adaptor ->

Into @CableMod LED strips/ 4 pin single color strip

I'm very happy this all worked out. Now my friend will be able to dim or turn off the lights remotely with the flick of a switch!!! Thank you guys very much for helping me out with this project. I will post photos when everything is done.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Nice, glad it worked!