PC powers up, then shuts off at windows loading screen... but only sometimes.

AmbellinaThePrise

Okay, let me explain here. I just built this PC, being my second build so far, about a week ago now. The past couple days I have been dealing with this problem where if I shut the computer down, sometimes the first boot after a while will make it to the windows loading screen, then power off. But when I power back on immediately  after, it boots up just fine. I can't place what's causing it, as I've checked for any lose cables, reseated my RAM, and in general checked any issues I could think of it being. Once it does boot it runs with absolutely no indication that anything is wrong, with the exception of my CAM settings defaulting, but that is the fault of the CAM software and not really tied to this issue, I wouldn't think.

Any ideas?

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG

Have you reset the CMOS? Turn PC off at power supply, take battery out of motherboard, then press power button a few times. Replace and see how it goes?

I haven't, but I will try that and see if that helps. Before I do though, this motherboard has a clear CMOS button on I/O. Any chance that would do the same trick, effectively?

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG

List your hardware. I'm on phone so can't be added looking at profiles. The clear CMOS button is the same as above

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

i7 7700k, ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero, NZXT Kraken X52, Sapphire Nitro R9 390, GSkill Trident Z 2x8GB, WD Blue 1TB drive, and a SanDisk 240GB Ultra II SSD all plugged into an EVGA G3 750w PSU.

Updating: I cleared CMOS and it is still doing the same thing. I'm beginning to think it could be one of two things, not that I have the most knowledge on this kind of thing... But I'm thinking either a.) failing CMOS battery or b.) Drive issues. I noticed yesterday that one of the sata cables to my HDD was kind of loose, but I plugged it the rest of the way in and that didn't change anything. My OS is loaded on my SSD anyway. I'm really not sure what the deal is, but I, against my better judgement have been continuing to use the PC daily since this issue and it is still working fine. Nothing out of the ordinary to be noticed except for this issue. But surely it has to be something wrong with the system in some way, especialy considering that it wasn't doing this for almost the entire first week. Again, I must also note that used the ASUS ez update to update the motherboard BIOS, along with other updates along the way. I also dealt with some issues with the latest AMD drivers giving me black screen issues  with my 390, so I ended up rolling back to the previous drivers there, but only after using DDU. I had to have screwed something up  somewhere..