My New Build

slashed_wings

Lookin nice.

Hope all goes well!

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

PCPartpicker says you cant use that CPU cooler with the motherboard soooooo...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Thats probably just not updated specs yet... Atleast i hope. Dont want so see him fail.

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

Just now, Jrock said:

Thats probably just not updated specs yet... Atleast i hope. Dont want so see him fail.

maybe AM3 mounts will work with AM4 sockets, idk

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Since when did no compatibility stop a pc builder? It'll be fine

/s

He probably looked into that and it probably either works or he can request socket as it came out like a year ago that particular cooler.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Just now, MeDownYou said:

Since when did no compatibility stop a pc builder? It'll be fine

/s

He probably looked into that and it probably either works or he can request socket as it came out like a year ago that particular cooler.

#zipTiesForLife

anyway yah it says it works on the cooler so it should be fine

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, slashed_wings said:

snip

Looks like a balls to the wall build I like where this is going.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

600Mhz base clock difference, £180 price difference. Is there anything else different ? Just curious.

From pure price points the 1700X seems to be the best price/performance.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

3 minutes ago, Thony said:

600Mhz base clock difference, £180 price difference. Is there anything else different ? Just curious.

From pure price points the 1700X seems to be the best price/performance.

I went for the 1800x because i could. plus its the first time i have ever had the top of the line cpu

3 minutes ago, slashed_wings said:

I went for the 1800x because i could. plus its the first time i have ever had the top of the line cpu

Fair enough, I just cant justify the extra cost :D 1st time I looked at this from this perspective.

PS. Hope u are aware of RAM issue. Currently limited to 4x 2400Mhz (they work on the fix as we speak).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

you planning to overclock them?

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

3 hours ago, Thony said:

Fair enough, I just cant justify the extra cost :D 1st time I looked at this from this perspective.

PS. Hope u are aware of RAM issue. Currently limited to 4x 2400Mhz (they work on the fix as we speak).

i haven't seen any other reports other than that initial one on the wan show. even if it is an issue as long as it works initially i don't mind.

as for overclocking ill let the XFR deal with that initially maybe go for a manual one later if i have some free time to dial one in.

also thought i would add that the Asus Crosshair VI Hero supports am3 coolers.

if you look at the AM4 mount you should notice a second set of holes for older am3/+ coolers

Crosshair Vi Hero

I want to set this up with slight positive pressure. The radiator will be exhausting out the top should i set the front and rear fans to intake?

Project update, My retailer has just contacted me to tell me i wont be getting my ryzen chip till Friday and for some reason beyond my comprehension i wont get the motherboard till Tuesday. I dont get how they could screw up a pre-order this badly.

1 hour ago, slashed_wings said:

Project update, My retailer has just contacted me to tell me i wont be getting my ryzen chip till Friday and for some reason beyond my comprehension i wont get the motherboard till Tuesday. I dont get how they could screw up a pre-order this badly.

The demand was probably larger than expected, they simply bought less hardware than they expected to sell and now that they re-order more some like you will have to wait a little longer.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 2/26/2017 at 0:20 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

maybe AM3 mounts will work with AM4 sockets, idk

They're slightly different (Tech City did a video on it I think), but zip-ties solve everything. :P

1 hour ago, slashed_wings said:

i cri naow

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

well after looking at the benchmarks and as this computer will just be doing games i have decided to cut costs for the time being and go for an i7-7700k and a maximus 8 hero. give developers time with ryzen before actually switching to the platform. can a mod (if they read this) please change the title to "My new gaming build")

On 26/02/2017 at 5:08 PM, slashed_wings said:

Stated getting parts in for my Ryzen build.

Parts list

only things im missing is my pre-order motherboard and processor

Will update this as i start assembling. 

IMG_20170226_170514.jpg

Good luck

8 hours ago, slashed_wings said:

well after looking at the benchmarks and as this computer will just be doing games i have decided to cut costs for the time being and go for an i7-7700k and a maximus 8 hero. give developers time with ryzen before actually switching to the platform. can a mod (if they read this) please change the title to "My new gaming build")

Aw cmon...

On 26/02/2017 at 5:17 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

Partpicker said my GTX Titan X would not fit in my NZXT H440...

Gaming Rig:  Case: Modified  NZXT H440 Black/Red | Storage: 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD & 3TB WD Black HDD | CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K | Motherboard: Z270 Sabertooth TUF Mark 1 | PSU: 1000W EVGA P2 | Graphics Card: GTX Titan X Pascal | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz | Cooling: X3 RES, CoolStream XE 360 Rad, Gold EK Supremacy EVO, D5 PWM EK Pump, Ice Dragon Nano Fluid 2Litre | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120 PWM Fans 1x Corsair AF 140 | Cables: CableMod Black/Red Braided cable kit | Case Mods: Tempered Glass front panel & Tempered Glass Side Panel (Finished) 

Setup: Monitors: Ben XR3501 2x Acer GN246HLBbid 24 | Keyboard: K70 & K95 Vengeace RGB Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Razer Deathadder & Corsair Scimitar RGB | TV: 43" LG 4K Smart TV, 50" Samsung 4K 

Laptop: ASUS ZenBook UX310UA-FB097T

Racing Cockpit Setup  GT Omega Pro with TV stand | 52 inch Bush Smart TV | Fanatec CS v2.5 | Fanatec CSL Elite LC | Fanatec P1 & Formula Rim | Corsair Strafe Blue MX RGB

Racing Cockpit PC: Case: Unknown cheap case from Amazon (modified to fit GTX 1080 & Cooler) | Storage: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro | CPU: i7 7700k | Motherboard: MSI Z170 | PSU: 750W EVGA Gold | Graphics Card: GTX 1080 | RAM: HyperX Fury 32GB 2400mhz | Cooling: Hydro 100i | Fans: 4x Corsair SP120 PWN fans | Cables: Standard PSU Cables | Case Mods: Making room for GTX 1080 & Cooler.

Build finished, OC'd my 7700k to 5ghz and added a second 1080 because i had money spare from not buying the 1800x.

Got a score of 12993 on time spy with this.

IMG_20170303_213209.jpg

IMG_20170304_063440.jpg

IMG_20170305_172717.jpg

IMG_20170304_063430.jpg

On 3/2/2017 at 4:59 PM, slashed_wings said:

You can change the title of the post when editing the first post ;) 

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)