CNET coming up with fakeproblem for the switch

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

elitism piss me off, too an ugly "gaming" laptop with shitty screen and 2 hour of battery life that thermal throttling sounds like a dream for some people. i got a switch and legend of Zelda skin deal with the game on amazon for a percentage off, it was sold my Nintendo. 

High performance laptops can be nice but not when they go overboard and have battery and heat issues.

Ah.  Idk if I've seen that on the US Amazon site.  I wasn't able to preorder a Switch or Zelda so I may be waiting a week or two before I'll get to play.  ?

But I will be getting a Switch and Zelda ASAP.  ?

7 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

$60 USD for Zelda for example is identical to a new release PS4 or Xbox One.  Which is the same price PS3 and Xbox 360 games used to sell for.  So again you're wrong.

You're one of those jerk variety of PCMR people or butthurt about consoles for some other reason but it's clear your biased against consoles in general.  

Worse, you're more interested in whining about your made up Switch problems to care about what really matters: are people going to have fun using it.

With awesome games like Zelda and Skyrim already coming and more on the way there's plenty to make it worth getting and more than enough fun to be had.  

If all you want to do is complain then go bug Reddit and add to its internet cancer.

Yes, because a game for a tablet is obviously equal to that for a console. I suspect the reason it costs so much is coding for it is a pain, but it might be worth it is you move around a lot, and having a handheld that is also a console might be useful, more on that later. 

I'm not PCMR, I still game on my Xbox 360 and my PC spends more time doing BOINC than gaming, on top of it being mediocre at best. I'm biased again anti consumerist practises and gimmicks that undermine the experience. The end line isn't "will people have fun", people in North Korea have fun, doesn't mean it's a nice place to live or go on holidays to. When looking at the Switch, you have missed a lot of what I was focused on, the hand held experience, is lacking, docked gameplay should be a barrel of laughs, just a shame the joycon's costs so much. The handheld aspect of the console looks massively neglected and compromised. 

Yours faithfully

25 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

I assume your're* a fanboy right?

-Sure you don't need 2160p, but 720p is 2013 era, and the screen is 6.2", which is also pretty pathetic for a "tablet"
-Sure it's a little stronger, but it's castrated when not docked, but 900p @ 30 fps, for those graphics, isn't much to write home about
-Pricing is not good, €500+ for a decent set up, with a couple games and enough controllers for more than 1 person, is in Xbox One and PlayStation 4 territory.
-You can say that again about the WiiU sales lol

The launch, to someone not blinded by fanboy-ism, or nostalgia, is what is looking like Nintendo's slow exit from making consoles in general, and moving much more into software, since they're making more Money from Pokemon than the WiiU made them. 

The Question of it being successful, investors aren't so convinced, some tech sites aren't either, I'm observing, I have no real interest or reason to be a near a switch other than to laugh if it flops or clap if it flies, right now, it doesn't look so good, but it's getting better. There is tons of money to be made in the mobile gaming industry, you won't capture it by making what is like an android* tablet with a proprietary app market and games library, that costs apparently $70 or there about, the anti consumerism alone would put more savvi shoppers off. 

*Switch doesn't run android, that was just a euphemism.

While it's against my own rules, I'll tag in. Since I am not a fanboy, it should be relatively easy to convey this after all. 

1. 720p screen at 6.2 inches isn't bad at all. We are talking 236PPI. That's more than twice as sharp as a 1920x1080 screen at 21 inches (104.9PPI). Granted, you will likely be holding your Switch closer to your face, it still shouldn't be that big of an issue unless you are completely blind and have it within a few inches of your face. Relative distance for most people will be either resting on their laps, or with elbows slightly bent against the side (at least, that's how most people hold their handhelds)

2. We don't know it's performance. Half of the games that were demo'd, were not finished. It's one thing to look at raw hardware specs and just assume that they are bad relative to similar hardware, but you have to factor in the software being tailored to the hardware. Plenty of examples of this in both the mobile phone world (Apple) and even the consoles (Uncharted 4). 

3. Worth is subjective. I know it's cliche to say this, but it's true. Something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. If it's too expensive, it won't sell, and will likely drop it's price to compensate. Whether or not it's "too expensive" will depend on the consumer trend to come when it launches. If its sells well, you will likely be considered wrong. 

A lot of your complaints are based on things you don't know for certain. "Potentially bad battery". "They look uncomfortable". These are not reasons to "make fun of" a device. I can say the same about basically every controller on the market with my gigantic hands. I still can't even find a mouse for my hands, let alone a controller, lol. Battery life will depend entirely on how they leverage the hardware (again, this goes back to them tailor-making the games and OS for the device itself). 

If anything, the biggest flaw the Switch has in my mind, is it's marketing. It should not be marketed as a console that can also be a handheld, but instead, a handheld that can be a console. Marketing as a console first, and handheld second, puts it in serious competition with the Xbox One and PS4 (a battle it will likely lose). If however, it's marketed as a handheld first, that can be a console if need be, that's an entirely different story. All of a sudden, we have an extremely powerful handheld that can be plugged into a TV to act as a console when not on the go. It's a slight jedi mind trick, but it makes all the difference. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

While it's against my own rules, I'll tag in. Since I am not a fanboy, it should be relatively easy to convey this after all. 

1. 720p screen at 6.2 inches isn't bad at all. We are talking 236PPI. That's more than twice as sharp as a 1920x1080 screen at 21 inches (104.9PPI). Granted, you will likely be holding your Switch closer to your face, it still shouldn't be that big of an issue unless you are completely blind and have it within a few inches of your face. Relative distance for most people will be either resting on their laps, or with elbows slightly bent against the side (at least, that's how most people hold their handhelds)

2. We don't know it's performance. Half of the games that were demo'd, were not finished. It's one thing to look at raw hardware specs and just assume that they are bad relative to similar hardware, but you have to factor in the software being tailored to the hardware. Plenty of examples of this in both the mobile phone world (Apple) and even the consoles (Uncharted 4). 

3. Worth is subjective. I know it's cliche to say this, but it's true. Something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. If it's too expensive, it won't sell, and will likely drop it's price to compensate. Whether or not it's "too expensive" will depend on the consumer trend to come when it launches. If its sells well, you will likely be considered wrong. 

A lot of your complaints are based on things you don't know for certain. "Potentially bad battery". "They look uncomfortable". These are not reasons to "make fun of" a device. I can say the same about basically every controller on the market with my gigantic hands. I still can't even find a mouse for my hands, let alone a controller, lol. Battery life will depend entirely on how they leverage the hardware (again, this goes back to them tailor-making the games and OS for the device itself). 

If anything, the biggest flaw the Switch has in my mind, is it's marketing. It should not be marketed as a console that can also be a handheld, but instead, a handheld that can be a console. Marketing as a console first, and handheld second, puts it in serious competition with the Xbox One and PS4 (a battle it will likely lose). If however, it's marketed as a handheld first, that can be a console if need be, that's an entirely different story. All of a sudden, we have an extremely powerful handheld that can be plugged into a TV to act as a console when not on the go. It's a slight jedi mind trick, but it makes all the difference. 

that's what us shareholders have been frantically emailing nintendo to do - they put out an internal memo citing a change in marketing strategy but it may not be this

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

Yes, because a game for a tablet is obviously equal to that for a console. I suspect the reason it costs so much is coding for it is a pain, but it might be worth it is you move around a lot, and having a handheld that is also a console might be useful, more on that later. 

I'm not PCMR, I still game on my Xbox 360 and my PC spends more time doing BOINC than gaming, on top of it being mediocre at best. I'm biased again anti consumerist practises and gimmicks that undermine the experience. The end line isn't "will people have fun", people in North Korea have fun, doesn't mean it's a nice place to live or go on holidays to. When looking at the Switch, you have missed a lot of what I was focused on, the hand held experience, is lacking, docked gameplay should be a barrel of laughs, just a shame the joycon's costs so much. The handheld aspect of the console looks massively neglected and compromised. 

its not going face to face with a ps4 or a xbox one, it has its own market. ps3 and xbox 360 were good for its time now its a joke with barely running games at 30 fps. the concept of playing a game on the couch than taking it on the go, the idea is awsome, not a gimmick at all. i have a pi gameboy, it has profile i set a overclock when docked and underclocked when in handheld mode for battery saving. The switch is not for everyone. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

its not going face to face with a ps4 or a xbox one, it has its own market. ps3 and xbox 360 were good for its time now its a joke with barely running games at 30 fps. the concept of playing a game on the couch than taking it on the go, the idea is awsome, not a gimmick at all. i have a pi gameboy, it has profile i set a overclock when docked and underclocked when in handheld mode for battery saving. The switch is not for everyone. 

The problem with the way it's marketed, is that it's being made to look like it's going up against a PS4 and Xbox One. They are putting more emphasis on it's docked features over it's handheld nature. That's one of the biggest problems facing the Switch at the moment. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Well since a Switch is a console you're safe from that tablet game complaint.  ?

Which makes paying the same price for Switch games normal and fair.  It's not anti-consumer to charge the same for a Switch game as PS4 and Xbox One.  

Playing a terrible game at 4K doesn't change the fact that a game is bad.  

Graphics are nice but gameplay is what counts more.

Yet again you're wrong.  People play games to have fun.  That is the top priority.  It is why people play games. 

Calling consoles by insulting names is a hallmark of bias against them.  You're not fooling anyone.  

I haven't missed your complaints I've debunked them and addressed them one by one.

To continue that: the Switch is not anti-consumer so lose your tinfoil bs.  It's pricing is normal and fair.  Being able to dock for improved performance or take it on the go isn't a gimmick and more than 2 in 1 laptops or a surface book.  Being able to use it both in the home and away from it does not undermine the experience it IS the experience.  The controllers are likely fine and since you apparently haven't used them you're not entitled to whine about their comfort.  Again the battery life is fine given the performance known about the Switch and as I said before there's always battery packs.  You complain about undocked performance and even the docked both of which have no indications they'll be anything but fine.  The handheld experience has not been neglected that's why the Switch is designed to undock and function as a handheld which with the info available about it sounds like it'll be just fine at. 

22 minutes ago, divito said:

How are people complaining about the resolution? It's on a 6" screen, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, nor gainfully use it if it was anything over 1080p. Are people that whorish over specs that don't even contribute to the use case?

It seems some people would rather complain about everything they can think of instead of worrying about what actually matters.  

First thing: CNet reviews have always sucked. They always nitpick the littlest of things. To them, nothing is perfect. That's usually the case with anything, but they sometimes make it a focal point.

A very long time ago, I was researching mp3 players, and narrowed it down to maybe 3. All of them had one similar feature they lacked. CNet never mentioned it on 2 of them, but on the other one, they lambasted it for not having that feature. It was kind of silly. Over the years, and CNet has never changed.

Secondly: The Switch is a niche product. However, it's a huge niche: The general public and/or casual gamer. Switch might very well be more successful than the Wii U.

Ultrima Z238EC: Ryzen 7 3800X @ stock, Enermax AquaFusion AIO w/ 2 be quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans, ASRock Taichi X570, Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 AMP!, 2x8GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200MHz, Lian Li Lancool II Case

Cheap plastic. But i couldnt be less interested in Nintendo.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Well, for me the stand looks bad, but might not matter for everyone.

80% of the problem would be gone just by having two of them, one on each side. or having the stand in the middle.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking