Halo Wars 2 PC version, worst controls menu ever - Trigger warning

TrigrH

k74PJLa.png

Source: (you should watch)

Let's just say that Halo Wars 2 has some work to do when it comes to its control menu. That work will hopefully be done by a human, or at least, someone or something of this earth.

"this isn't sane in anyway, its a mess"

What the actual **** this is the most disgusting PC port controls menu i've ever seen.

Inb4 a dev comes on and says its a UWP limitation rofl.

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

MS committed to PC they said

I think MS wants to have their own Peter Molyneux cycle.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What I thought about every 10-20 or so seconds of the video: "It got worse", "It keeps getting worse", "It can't get worse than this- oh... Oh dear...", "Oh my god, how do you do something this badly", "Make it stop", "It's still getting worse.", "How?"

I suppose I should be impressed, really. It must have taken some real effort to screw up an options menu that badly. Truly an options menu from Hell.

48 minutes ago, zMeul said:

people call it "bugs"

I call it incompetence

Can't it be both?  ?

I almost died laughing at all the bs he ran into in the video.  ?

Which is a bit troubling since I'm considering buying the Xbox One disc and the digital version of the Ultimate Edition also just so I could play on both Xbox One and PC.  But I wonder if pc is worth it if the menus and controls are so icky.  

Unless MS patches it quickly I'm worried about any potential for the success of the PC version of the Halo Wars games.  

18 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Can't it be both?  ?

I almost died laughing at all the bs he ran into in the video.  ?

Which is a bit troubling since I'm considering buying the Xbox One disc and the digital version of the Ultimate Edition also just so I could play on both Xbox One and PC.  But I wonder if pc is worth it if the menus and controls are so icky.  

Unless MS patches it quickly I'm worried about any potential for the success of the PC version of the Halo Wars games.  

You would probably be fine playing it with a controller on PC.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

11 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

You would probably be fine playing it with a controller on PC.

I assume so but the whole point for me to get it on PC would be to have the option to play it with a mouse and keyboard when I'd feel like it.  

"you can buy and play halo wars now on the windows store... and wait 7 to 10 days to receive the game code in your email"

wat?

inb4 the MS brigade comes here telling me how fucking superior to everything under the sun the Windows Store is

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

15 mins of ranting about a options menu

you have to be really annoyed to rant about for 15 mins

(watches video)

sounds annoyed, was hoping he would be p**sed!

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

As long as the cutscenes still work... I'll take it.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Stopped watching after 4 minutes. Can't stand what could have been said in 8 sentences being stretched out so much. 

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

But I wonder if pc is worth it if the menus and controls are so icky.

If it happened often, no one would be upset about it. It's a big deal because it's rare for it to be this bad and so we have a lot of points of reference.

1 hour ago, typographie said:

If it happened often, no one would be upset about it. It's a big deal because it's rare for it to be this bad and so we have a lot of points of reference.

I was referring to the PC version of Halo Wars 2 not all PC games just to be clear.  

After reading what you quoted I realized my comment/question could be misinterpreted to mean I was questioning the worth of all PC games.

Anyway, I was tempted to pay the extra money to get the digital version (after having already ordered the Xbox One disc version of the Ultimate Edition) so I can play both Halo Wars games on PC in addition to on Xbox One but with the bad controls I'm having doubts about whether or not it's worth it.   

If the games are good enough buying them twice would be worth it but with the bad PC controls I'm not sure if they are.