best 850 w psu

danielhowk

whats the best psu for 850w, i remember psu 850w gold from super flower was one of the best if not the best for the 850w gold. 

is the super flower 850w still the best or is there better?

thanks

5 minutes ago, mpsparrow said:

Why do you need a 850w PSU if you don't mind me asking?

planning to buy gtx 1080ti when its release, might keep 850w for future sli, so wanted to have a future proof option 

2 hours ago, danielhowk said:

planning to buy gtx 1080ti when its release, might keep 850w for future sli, so wanted to have a future proof option 

I'm one of the apparently 3 people on earth that doesn't think a GTX 1080ti will come out ever. Doesn't make sense with their current lineup IMO. 

That said, if the power consumption increase going from Maxwell to Pascal means anything, chances are if you have an i7 5820K or any other X99 chip you'll realistically want a 1000W PSU if you're overclocking things. 980tis are power suckers. GTX 1070s use more than 970s, 1080s more than 980s, Titan XP > Titan XM, etc. An EVGA 1000G2/G3 or perhaps a P2 would be a solid choice.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 hours ago, danielhowk said:

whats the best psu for 850w, i remember psu 850w gold from super flower was one of the best if not the best for the 850w gold. 

is the super flower 850w still the best or is there better?

thanks

EVGA Supernova G2 is seriously one if not the best 850w psu available.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

There is no 'best PSU'.

They all have pros and cons, depending on what you want, one can be the right one, for someone else it may be the worst thing ever.

So it would be nice to know what you want to do with the PSU?
Do you need it to start a car?
Do you need it for some other +12V ór maybe 5V stuff?

Do you want to power a PC? If so, what PC?

And what else do you want? Do you want a smallish PSU? Do you want a quiet PSU? Do you want 'a manly' PSU?

So you really want a good quality ~550W PSU instead...

Because 'future SLI' is rarely ever used...

We are talking about ~1000$ per graphics card...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Very partial to my HX850i.  Amazing piece of hardware.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

13 hours ago, MrCarter said:

theres a price mistake/deal on ncixus right now for a solid 850w (80+ Titanium/Modular) psu http://ncixus.com/products/?sku=137597

beware that if its a price mistake they might cancel your order, but worth a shot imo

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

There is no 'best PSU'.

They all have pros and cons, depending on what you want, one can be the right one, for someone else it may be the worst thing ever.

So it would be nice to know what you want to do with the PSU?
Do you need it to start a car?
Do you need it for some other +12V ór maybe 5V stuff?

Do you want to power a PC? If so, what PC?

And what else do you want? Do you want a smallish PSU? Do you want a quiet PSU? Do you want 'a manly' PSU?

So you really want a good quality ~550W PSU instead...

Because 'future SLI' is rarely ever used...

We are talking about ~1000$ per graphics card...

is this better than super flower gold 850w in every expect? full modular is the best modular right? sorry im new to this

11 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I'm one of the apparently 3 people on earth that doesn't think a GTX 1080ti will come out ever. Doesn't make sense with their current lineup IMO. 

That said, if the power consumption increase going from Maxwell to Pascal means anything, chances are if you have an i7 5820K or any other X99 chip you'll realistically want a 1000W PSU if you're overclocking things. 980tis are power suckers. GTX 1070s use more than 970s, 1080s more than 980s, Titan XP > Titan XM, etc. An EVGA 1000G2/G3 or perhaps a P2 would be a solid choice.

i thought gtx 1080ti is releasing in march. im currrently using 980ti msi lightning i76600k 

The Seasonic PRIME Titanium is what I'd personally consider to be the "best". But chances are that a decent unit such as the Corsair RM850x/i or the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2/G3 would be enough if you want to save some money.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2017 at 9:56 PM, HKZeroFive said:

The Seasonic PRIME Titanium is what I'd personally consider to be the "best". But chances are that a decent unit such as the Corsair RM850x/i or the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2/G3 would be enough if you want to save some money.

On 2/17/2017 at 4:34 AM, vong said:

EVGA Supernova G2 is seriously one if not the best 850w psu available.

On 2/17/2017 at 2:01 AM, STRMfrmXMN said:

PSU is Superflower Leadex II gold or  evga G3 better?Superflower Leadex II plat or evga P3 better? 

10 hours ago, danielhowk said:

PSU is Superflower Leadex II gold or  evga G3 better?Superflower Leadex II plat or evga P3 better? 

Well there's no EVGA P3 so I assume you mean the EVGA P2, and both are basically the same unit so get whichever is cheaper.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||