AMD Ryzen

Sampath

Are Ryzen CPU costs gonna be low.What CPU is gonna is equivalent to a 6th gen i3 and what would it cost me? Is it expected to be better than Intel CPU's

they are going to be cheap compared to intel chips of similar performance

no one really knows..there are some speculations that cost wiill be low..just wait about 15 more days, reviews should be out

The cheapest Ryzen CPU that'll launch this March according to various leaks & rumours will be a 4core / 4 thread CPU costing 129$.

Capture.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

The cheapest Ryzen CPU that'll launch this March according to various leaks & rumours will be a 4core / 4 thread CPU costing 129$.

Capture.png

Ohk that was informative. So, What current CPU matches the $129 AMD CPU?

1 minute ago, Sampath said:

We don't know. We know as much as anybody.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, Sampath said:

Judging by the specs solely, the Ryzen 3 1100 should be the equivalent to the i5-7400. But that's if the specs are correct.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Judging by the specs solely, the Ryzen 3 1100 should be the equivalent to the i5-7400. But that's if the specs are correct.

Woo.. AMD has got some balls here. That's pretty interesting. By the way should I consider waiting for it or go with intel build? If at all I wanna choose AMD, Can a GTX 1060 be a good match with it?

8 minutes ago, ma77yman said:

they are going to be cheap compared to intel chips of similar performance

You do not know this, you are merely guessing like every tech site on the internet

Just wait for the launch op then descide how good it is

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, Sampath said:

Woo.. AMD has got some balls here. That's pretty interesting. By the way should I consider waiting for it or go with intel build? If at all I wanna choose AMD, Can a GTX 1060 be a good match with it?

It's supposedly launching in two weeks so I guess it's really worth to wait... If it disappoints then you just go Intel :)

As for the 1060, yeah, it'd be a good match but I suggest you take a look at the RX 480, it's a better buy overall compared to the 1060 atm.

It's supposedly launching in two weeks so I guess it's really worth to wait... If it disappoints then you just go Intel :)

As for the 1060, yeah, it'd be a good match but I suggest you take a look at the RX 480, it's a better buy overall compared to the 1060 atm.

That makes me turn into an Intel Nvidia Guy to an AMD guy. That's impressive from AMD. I heard AMD CPU's dissipate more Heat than Intel. Is that true? 

IPC leaks have been disappointing and the pricing is foretelling that it is also mediocre, IMO. 

I will be VERY surprised if it is even near Haswell levels. 

22 minutes ago, Sampath said:

Are Ryzen CPU costs gonna be low.What CPU is gonna is equivalent to a 6th gen i3 and what would it cost me? Is it expected to be better than Intel CPU's

1. Unknown information

2. nothing to say

11 minutes ago, Sampath said:

That makes me turn into an Intel Nvidia Guy to an AMD guy. That's impressive from AMD. I heard AMD CPU's dissipate more Heat than Intel. Is that true? 

Their older Bulldozer architecture from 2011 did. Their newer Zen architecture looks like more efficient actually, at least from the leaks, rumours from various sites looking at the specs.

The Ryzen CPU die will be smaller than Kaby Lake's by 10%, it'll have more cache and a better, more advanced "Turbo Boost" mode (On some models). And looking how an 8 core 16 threaded Zen CPU has an alleged TDP of 65W at 3.0GHz base and 3,7GHz Turbo mode, and an Intel i7-6900K has a TDP of 140W at 3,2GHz Base and 3,7GHz Boost also with 8 cores and 16 threads seems VERY promising.

Though remember, I'm adding "allegedly", "supposedly" everywhere etc, cause all of those are just rumours and can be confirmed only after Ryzen launches. Which again, "supposedly" might be in around 2 weeks. Take it all with a grain of salt.

2 hours ago, Sampath said:

As for CPU-s, i would wait. Ryzen will put pressure to intel. So even if you dont want to go AMD, the intel prices should go down, to stay comepitivel. I would wait for 3rd party non "review sample" (means bought from store, not handpicked) benchmarks.
For the 1060-480, my experience was that in dx11 games, the 1060 is stronger most of the times. The 480 is stronger in most dx12 and vulkan supported games. But there is always the price factor. If you go with the 480, check some reviews, because the thermals very a lot between aftermarket cards (the XFX is a good one).

Spoiler

i have a gigabyte 1060 6GB and an i5 6600 locked at 3.6 GHz, and at most AAA titles the i5 does not bottlenech the 1060, or goes low as 90% on GPU usage.