Snowstorm in Northeastern Part of The US

SuperShermanTanker

Anyone else here get hit with the storm and if you guys did how did you fair with the storm. Here's what it looked like in the state of New York where we got 10 inches of snow.DSC_0364.JPG

Almost 7PM, still snowing in Massachusetts. We got at least 10 inches.

1 minute ago, Daring said:

Almost 7PM, still snowing in Massachusetts. We got at least 10 inches.

Areas of where I am was around the edge of the center of the storm and we had a lot of wind and got between 10-14 inches of snow with a lot of snow drift

2 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

Areas of where I am was around the edge of the center of the storm and we had a lot of wind and got between 10-14 inches of snow with a lot of snow drift

We got hit hard. There's downed trees and power lines in places around my city.

:\ we didn't get hit with downed trees or power lines but the roads were a mess and we had whiteout conditions because of the wind and all I saw on the news was people who were stupid enough to go out onto the roads getting stuck and tonight we are supposed to have icing conditions so tomorrow's going to be fun

northern NJ here

got off from school, pretty sweet

I think about 10ish inches, spent the day sleeping and shoveling. Broke our snowblower, rip in peaches.

and for some reason we have a delayed opening tomorrow, not that I'm complaining though

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

1 minute ago, shadowbyte said:

northern NJ here

I think about 10ish inches, spent the day sleeping and shoveling. Broke our snowblower, rip in peaches.

and for some reason we have a delayed opening tomorrow, not that I'm complaining though

Lucky bastard, I'm still hoping for one.

29 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

northern NJ here

28 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Lucky bastard, I'm still hoping for one.

I was off from my class in collage today and I'm just simply not going into class tomorrow because the roads are going to be icy and I'm not one to want to drive on ice to get to a 1 hour and 15 min class

51 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I was off from my class in collage today and I'm just simply not going into class tomorrow because the roads are going to be icy and I'm not one to want to drive on ice to get to a 1 hour and 15 min class

You planning to let your professor know? Ask for the pages from the textbook you're supposed to do or something.

Oda5BcK.png

My favorite Twitter convo out of today.

AWW YE, SCHOOL WAS CANCELED

3 hours ago, shadowbyte said:

northern NJ here

2 hours ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

AWW YE, SCHOOL WAS CANCELED

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I wish there was more snow here. It's just a warm -8 Fahrenheit with barely any snow :(

2 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

You planning to let your professor know? Ask for the pages from the textbook you're supposed to do or something.

I would usually let my professor know but image.png

Class is canceled :P

35 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

I wish there was more snow here. It's just a warm -8 Fahrenheit with barely any snow :(

I wish I could say that for the average temperature where I am because I'm a bit crazy about global warming and hate to see the weather be weird because of it

Ah, how I missed the ACTUAL snowfall. Me and one co worker were the only happy people in our office yesterday (and today)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

15 hours ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

:\ we didn't get hit with downed trees or power lines but the roads were a mess and we had whiteout conditions because of the wind and all I saw on the news was people who were stupid enough to go out onto the roads getting stuck and tonight we are supposed to have icing conditions so tomorrow's going to be fun

Ignorant thinking. People are not stupid for going out into the storm, they are stupid for being ill prepared for the elements. Its likely the people that were braving the storm were out because they had to.Perhaps they are the road crew that have to man the snow removal trucks. Or perhaps their grandparents lost power and their only hope is for little Johnny to grab his K1 heater and bring it over to save them from burst pipes, or worse, freezing to death.

Personally, rain, sleet, snow, blizzard, nor'easter, hurricane, storm swells; I'm in my truck going to check out the storm and several POI's that always cease to amaze me. I'm simply prepared for what's ahead which allows me to experience such events. Are you going to call me stupid? Perhaps that leads credence to your intolerance of others which says a lot of your character.

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work