In my opinion MS are digging their grave right now

carzacc
3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I find consumer grade computers from PCworld and other such stores are often not capable of handling Windows 10, at least till 10's been out long enough for them to catch up.

I ran Windows 10 on a tablet. Seemed to handle itself pretty well.

6 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I refused to upgrade systems which were not sold with 8.1.  If it was a Windows 7 machine I strongly encouraged the user to stick to Windows 7 unless the system was one of the rare ones which were basically capable of running Fallout 4 @ 1080p.  

I find consumer grade computers from PCworld and other such stores are often not capable of handling Windows 10, at least till 10's been out long enough for them to catch up.

I enjoy Windows 10 here, and my laptop came with Windows 7, but I understand your point. Old Laptops and PC's were certified as Windows 7 ready if they had at least 1 GB of ram, and that, is not enough for Windows 10 if you wanted a smooth experience where you have 20000000 windows open. My laptop is outfitted with 4GB of ram.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I ran Windows 10 on a tablet. Seemed to handle itself pretty well.

Some do, I recall when 10 first came out, the sheer amount of people whose tablets/laptops/desktops was basically updated re-badged 8.1 or even 7 entry level computers which with the included bloatware of typical consumer hardware, had all the processing power of a 486 left for the end user.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

2 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Some do, I recall when 10 first came out, the sheer amount of people whose tablets/laptops/desktops was basically updated re-badged 8.1 or even 7 entry level computers which with the included bloatware of typical consumer hardware, had all the processing power of a 486 left for the end user.

That's more of a problem with system builders including the crap than Microsoft making a crappy OS then.

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

That's more of a problem with system builders including the crap than Microsoft making a crappy OS then.

It has not helped consumer opinion which is a massive bulk of MS's customers.  A lot of people won't see it as PCworld or the maker of their device installing rubbish, no matter how I tell them, they will see it as Microsofts issue.

Sad but true.  IMHO Microsoft needs to offer a cheap service which basically removes all crap from computers when bought, I know many would likely take it (and those that don't are prob too tight to be into buying new computers etc)

I do my best to help people get into computing and the Windows 10 as previous versions  will only get more obsolete moving forward.   

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Sad but true.  IMHO Microsoft needs to offer a cheap service which basically removes all crap from computers when bought, I know many would likely take it (and those that don't are prob too tight to be into buying new computers etc)

I think it just needs to be drilled into people's minds the moment they get a PC, they need to go through it and scrub what they don't want. We've drilled it in their minds to avoid opening suspicious emails and check if the link at least looks legit. We can drill them to do this.

Then maybe people will start seeing the light and demand computers without software bundling.

8 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

I enjoy Windows 10 here, and my laptop came with Windows 7, but I understand your point. Old Laptops and PC's were certified as Windows 7 ready if they had at least 1 GB of ram, and that, is not enough for Windows 10 if you wanted a smooth experience where you have 20000000 windows open. My laptop is outfitted with 4GB of ram.

Yeah, I'm tired of seeing some Intel Celeron with 2GB ram a 5,400rpm drive, on a no-name motherboard. A single usb 3.0 port being sold as entry level 2016 hardware.  

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I think it just needs to be drilled into people's minds the moment they get a PC, they need to go through it and scrub what they don't want. We've drilled it in their minds to avoid opening suspicious emails and check if the link at least looks legit. We can drill them to do this.

Then maybe people will start seeing the light and demand computers without software bundling.

I offer it as a service to many, and quite often when a friend of a friend buys a new computer/laptop etc, I'll have it handed me to remove the crap, install just what they need, and hand it back.  

I've only seen a single bsod since I used windows 10 and I caused it myself.