New GPU, what's the best bang for the buck?

Slazyel

Hi Guys, i'm from Brazil and the prices here are a little bit overpriced, but still i have to choose a new GPU among those below. So, with that in mind, what gpu do you guys think it's the best bang for the buck?

RX 470 4GB Powercolor Red Dragon - $256

RX 480 4GB MSI Armor - $272

Gtx1060 6GB Galax OC - $327

RX 480 8GB Power Color Red Devil - $352

RX 480 8GB (Better brands) - $380 +

get the cheapest non reference 8gb 480, aka the powercolor :)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Imo it's MSI 480 4GB for $272

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

480 4gb armor , not the best 480 , but at almost 100$ cheaper definitely the better bang for buck out of all the cards

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Yes, i will play at 1080p. I was close to get the 1060, what do you guys think?

If you're looking for 1080p GPU then check price of 1050ti too. Out of your list I'd go for the 480 unless you can find a cheaper gtx 1060. I have a 480 and works really well.

4 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

get the cheapest non reference 8gb 480, aka the powercolor :)

$80 not worth it over the 4gb MSI. The performance difference is like 2-3℅ at most if you're playin a vram hungry game. 

Hold on a few weeks i know it's gonna kill ya ,wanting it now now. but saving that little extra for a 1070 my god you will have blissful dreams man. lol srs tho.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.300V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

the EVGA cards were giving pretty good bangs for a while until they fix them

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, loony979 said:

Hold on a few weeks i know it's gonna kill ya ,wanting it now now. but saving that little extra for a 1070 my god you will have blissful dreams man. lol srs tho.

I think maybe a 1070 is a bit overkill for 1080p at 60fps =/

3 minutes ago, Andrew Sh said:

$80 not worth it over the 4gb MSI. The performance difference is like 2-3℅ at most if you're playin a vram hungry game. 

Well if the deals are similar you can get a 8gb for the price of a 4gb at the moment on pacpartpicker. also OP never stated what resolution.

480 8gb MSI Armour - $219

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/pvZ2FT/msi-radeon-rx-480-8gb-armor-8g-oc-video-card-rx-480-armor-8g-oc

Maybe theres a similar deal in Brazil

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

8 minutes ago, Andrew Sh said:

And what about the GTX 1060 6GB for $55 more?

6 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Well if the deals are similar you can get a 8gb for the price of a 4gb at the moment on pacpartpicker. also OP never stated what resolution.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/pvZ2FT/msi-radeon-rx-480-8gb-armor-8g-oc-video-card-rx-480-armor-8g-oc

Sadly there's nothing better here. I'm playing at 1080p 60hz

1 minute ago, Slazyel said:

And what about the GTX 1060 6GB for $55 more?

That would be my second choice. If you really value all the extra Nvdia stuff then that wouldn't be bad either.

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

14 minutes ago, Slazyel said:

I think maybe a 1070 is a bit overkill for 1080p at 60fps =/

it ain´t if you wanna rock ultras while having decent future-proof. If saving the extra cash for the cheapest 1070 you can find is a possibility at all, it would certainly be worth it.

If not just do what has been said already, get the cheapest 8gb rx 480 you can find.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

19 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Well I'm working based on what op found. He did state that prices in Brazil are higher, as evident with the cheap power color being so expensive. MSI GPUs cost more so he would pay well over $300 for it, so again, not worth it.

These are 1080p GPUs so any higher resolution is not worth it. 

Ultra 1080p > med 1440p.

4gb is easily enough at 1080p

Hey OP. I'm from Brazil too.

What websites are you using to find the GPUs? I want to know if you forgot something so I can help you!

15 minutes ago, 3vitor said:

Hey OP. I'm from Brazil too.

What websites are you using to find the GPUs? I want to know if you forgot something so I can help you!

Nice! I'm using Pichau, Megamamute and Balão da Informática as reference. The others are way too expensive.

8 minutes ago, Slazyel said:

Nice! I'm using Pichau, Megamamute and Balão da Informática as reference. The others are way too expensive.

Cool. Those are good websites. I got a 1080 on Terabyteshop in the last Black Friday. They are not much known but their prices are awesome! Just don't go to Kabum, those guys never update the GPU prices. Not even on Black Friday... Greedy as fuck.

Balão da Informatica is kinda dead unfortunately :( my first build I got everything from them.

Something I could recommend is for you to wait a little. In the end of February and the entire March the prices on Hardware drops quite a bit in our country. 

Right now I was looking for an samsung 850 SSD and the prices were amped up R$100 on just two weeks...

1 minute ago, 3vitor said:

Something I could recommend is for you to wait a little. In the end of February and the entire March the prices on Hardware drops quite a bit in our country. 

Right now I was looking for an samsung 850 SSD and the prices were amped up R$100 on just two weeks...

I know, but you have to admit that the gtx 1060 6gb will hardly drop price. It's r$1000 at Balão da Informatica. And has a good resell price if i want to change the card this year or next year.

10 minutes ago, Slazyel said:

I know, but you have to admit that the gtx 1060 6gb will hardly drop price. It's r$1000 at Balão da Informatica. And has a good resell price if i want to change the card this year or next year.

Yeah, their prices are great right now. But their website freaking sucks.

Good to know at least they are at least trying to go back to the market...

balao.png

43 minutes ago, Slazyel said:

Kabum is the best though.

They had a EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked for R$ 1899,99 not far too long ago.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)