Did i possibly damage my computer?

Howitz

For now it's working fine, but two weeks ago and for a week, it was plugged in a faulty outlet in my house which would cause my pc to stop sending signal to my monitor whenever there were vibrations in the wall. I don't know the exact issue with the outlet, it may be a loose grounding problem or something, does anyone have an idea of what is going on in this outlet? maybe brownouts.

one thing is sure is that the outlet was the problem, as changing to another fixed the issue for good.

Whathever it was, could it have damaged my brand new computer, unsuspected damage which will cause problems later down the line? or if it was damaged, would it start having problems right away and i'm fine if it don't?

It's fine 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

It's fine 

should i be reassured? your name is BadluckBrian?

6 minutes ago, Bxboy420 said:

What type of power supply do you have 

evga g2 650 watt

That psu should be fine then it probably tripped stopping power to the pci-e just keep it unplugged for a few mins then plug her back in. 

It saved your hardware its got a surge function. 

Also would be best to check that outlets ground to limit a fire hazard.

The biggest risk was actually to your house, not the computer.  You might want to have an electrician come in to examine the outlet and wiring.

As desktop computers, especially those built for gaming, have started requiring and using more and more power, they can exceed the wiring and/or outlet limits for specific outlets, which is especially common in older houses.  If you are in an older house, try to find outlets that were were either installed or upgraded recently.

If your house was built more recently, such as in the last 10-15 years, then it sounds like the wiring was not done properly.

Devices such as hair dryers, gaming computers, etc. use considerable more power than most household electrical devices and as such, need higher gauge wiring and more robust outlets.  They also need to be grounded properly as the user before me stated.

One thing people do is add power strips and run way too many devices through a single outlet or they plug into another outlet close by that is using the same wiring as the primary outlet you are plugged in to, which is no different than adding multiple power strips to it.  Even in a new house, the computer power requirements and usage by itself may be within the wiring/outlet limits, but when you combine one or two monitors, speakers, etc. it may push beyond those limits.

Even if your computer is now working correctly using a new outlet, I would have an electrician take a look at that other outlet before you plug anything else into it since it may have been damaged and also check your current outlet to make sure it is rated to support the power requirements of any devices plugged into it.

1 hour ago, Howitz said:

should i be reassured? your name is BadluckBrian?

Well as others said,  PSU's have surge protection. If anything smells funny then check it out. But yeah I do have bad luck so..

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil