The keyboard backlight bleed of my xps 15 is driving me crazy. How can I fix it?

So I use my xps 15 (9550) mostly at night and I have to type on it fairly frequently.

The problem is, the keyboard has the worst backlight bleed I've ever seen, even at 50%, to the point where I prefer turn it off and click on keys at random until I hit the correct one...

So, do you have any ideas how to make it dimmer? Maybe some keycaps or something?

Thanks!

maxresdefault.jpg

Have a light on in your room so that it's not as bright relative to the rest of the room? Backlit keys are leak light so you can see the border of the key. 

It's a laptop keyboard so the odds of finding aftermarket key caps is extremely low. 

1 hour ago, kerradeph said:

Have a light on in your room so that it's not as bright relative to the rest of the room? Backlit keys are leak light so you can see the border of the key. 

It's a laptop keyboard so the odds of finding aftermarket key caps is extremely low. 

The problem isn't so much the fact that it's bright as if the fact that, from the angle I sit at, I can see the led underneath the caps directly...

I have one of those power outlet lights, so the room isn't that dark, but it still bothers me...

Perhaps use a cooling pad (I use it mainly for the angle), or even a book for that matter, just to raise to back end a bit. I'm not sure how a different keyboard would work to be honest, and if it would even work tbh, had no reason to check a backlit keyboard until now. On a serious note, you can buy a LED table lamp for $10, much healthier for your eyes as well. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

25 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Perhaps use a cooling pad (I use it mainly for the angle), or even a book for that matter, just to raise to back end a bit. I'm not sure how a different keyboard would work to be honest, and if it would even work tbh, had no reason to check a backlit keyboard until now. On a serious note, you can buy a LED table lamp for $10, much healthier for your eyes as well. 

That's a good idea, I'll try a cooling pad and see if it helps.

Also, how is a led lamp healthier for the eyes?

3 minutes ago, Grx said:

That's a good idea, I'll try a cooling pad and see if it helps.

Also, how is a led lamp healthier for the eyes?

I meant light in general is better than backlit in a dark room, and that is the first thing that came to my mind since I saw them just yesterday, and they do take less place when compared to traditional lamps. For instance I meant something like this

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

10 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I meant light in general is better than backlit in a dark room, and that is the first thing that came to my mind since I saw them just yesterday, and they do take less place when compared to traditional lamps. For instance I meant something like this

Oh, I already have one of those tiny lamps that plug into the wall.

9 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

iv never tried glow in the dark keyboard stickers but I have thought about getting them https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-glow-keyboard-stickers.html

Oh wow, these look awesome! Thanks for the suggestion!

1 minute ago, Grx said:

Oh wow, these look awesome! Thanks for the suggestion!

go to eBay and amazon first and read the comments. very mixed reviews

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

44 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

go to eBay and amazon first and read the comments. very mixed reviews

Ok then, thanks