Wall Of Sound 2.0

nishank93

So I just came across this thing: Wall of Sound 2.0. It is handmade in Sweden and is a massive box of 44 individually separated speakers, two sub-woofers and a tube amplifier. It consumes 8000W and outputs 130dB. It weighs 178kg and is just under 6 feet across!!

My question is, if it is supposed to be a high quality set of speakers, why can it be only controlled by an iPhone?

http://www.thewosexperience.com/

post-1935-0-91702600-1383812155_thumb.jp

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

the internal audio solution of an iphone is generally reasonable. i disagree on it though

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Meh, It's just a gimmick,  anyone can screw 44 speakers and some subs into a box and power it with 80 year old amp technology.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

8000W? Wow.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Meh, It's just a gimmick,  anyone can screw 44 speakers and some subs into a box and power it with 80 year old amp technology.

My immediate thought;

xholmSo.png

Also that thing barely even gets loud. My 'custom' iPod dock would kick its ass.

I saw the picture before reading the specs. I was like: ''Well, it looks like a normal speaker''. But when I saw how small the iPhone was compared to the speaker, I was like:

Friday-daaaamn_zps762676ba.jpg

But I guess its called Wall of Sound for a reason. :)

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

My immediate thought;

Posted Image

Also that thing barely even gets loud. My 'custom' iPod dock would kick its ass.

You mean theae two speakers I just wired together? :P

You guys if for people who have so much money they dont know what to do with and store all their music on their iphone which they got off itunes. They just have to make it sound good and to the person who buya it is will.

You guys if for people who have so much money they dont know what to do with and store all their music on their iphone which they got off itunes. They just have to make it sound good and to the person who buya it is will.

But, seriously, you can't lug a speaker around like you can lug beats around. Why would anybody buy a speaker that costs more than your phone?

But, seriously, you can't lug a speaker around like you can lug beats around. Why would anybody buy a speaker that costs more than your phone?

Cause they can? I mean what would you buy to listen to music on while drinking and somkeing a cigar?

Despite the iphone, the price, the size, fashion arguments and the power consumption, I still don't know why someone would want this. Isn't a very high quality 5.1/7.1 setup for games and movies or 2.1 for music enough for all our audio necessities? 

Despite the iphone, the price, the size, fashion arguments and the power consumption, I still don't know why someone would want this. Isn't a very high quality 5.1/7.1 setup for games and movies or 2.1 for music enough for all our audio necessities?

well a 5.1 or 7.1 setup is wasted on music since its 2.0. If you have good enough speakers 2.0 is usually enough for music as long as your not a stickler, and I guess even if you are if the setup is good enough.

Cause they can? I mean what would you buy to listen to music on while drinking and somkeing a cigar?

yeah beats sorta clash with my tweed jacket and glass on cognac

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Let's just slap a huge figure of over 9000+ watts and call it a day gents. Cause that's what sells with the plebs.