Nintendo online serice will be $30 a YEAR or less.

GoodBytes
1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Sadly, emulators still lags behind.. Heck, SNES emulator are still not great. Some big title games still have issues on that system. Sure, you can boost the game graphics, but if you have performance issues, or graphical glitches, it ruins the game. Sure it might be excellent with some games, but not all.

2.8 inch screen on the pi looks sharp enough for me, the performance is good depending on the game.  

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

fans are not happy about it, from what I am reading. Some even says to not bother having anything.

Considering you can emulate said games on even the most basic of laptops, smartphones and tablets it really is rather pointless imo unless they allow you to keep the game, otherwise it feels like a marketing ploy to get you to buy retro games

I hope they reconsider but we'll see

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I've got in i5/HD7750 build for emulation, and the emulators I use can run on a decent i5 laptop or low end desktop, with little setup, with multiplayer capability as well. So farm the Switch overall isn't for me unless they have a good selection of games that aren't just Pokémon.

honestly, i am just there for the first party like Mario cart and Zelda, also might go for splatoon other than that AAA games that will be ported to swich won't be worth getting for full price. 

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

Considering you can emulate said games on even the most basic of laptops, smartphones and tablets it really is rather pointless imo unless they allow you to keep the game, otherwise it feels like a marketing ploy to get you to buy retro games

I hope they reconsider but we'll see

that's the only way company like Nintendo will survive, no offense to fans but they have been doing the same thing feeding off of nostalgia. the NES classic is a ripoff in every way understocked so they would sell more. 

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Sadly, emulators still lags behind.. Heck, SNES emulator are still not great. Some big title games still have issues on that system. Sure, you can boost the game graphics, but if you have performance issues, or graphical glitches, it ruins he game.

Perhaps the cheap mimics sold in stores, but everything I've seen and done regarding Dolphin on any 'gaming' Windows machine, and boards like the Raspberry Pi, have been overwhelmingly positive experiences.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

honestly, i am just there for the first party like Mario cart and Zelda, also might go for splatoon other than that AAA games that will be ported to swich won't be worth getting for full price. 

Fuck that. To me, current Nintendo First Party games are boring as all fuck, or rely on their stupid, half broken gimmicks. Unless they remake StarFox Adventures or make another RPG sequel to the StarFox IP, I only somewhat care about Pokémon at this point, and only due to some nostalgia.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I don't know why you guys are complaining about paid online to begin with.

In any case, not too bad.

it's the fucking principal and I blame Microsoft for making it a thing 100%. Sony was trying to keep up and I assume nintendo was as well. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Perhaps the cheap mimics sold in stores, but everything I've seen and done regarding Dolphin on any 'gaming' Windows machine, and boards like the Raspberry Pi, have been overwhelmingly positive experiences..

Your standards are extremely low, or you have not used them.. especially Dolphin where the number of games running as the original can be counted by 1 hand, pretty much. You have their own wiki which shows the list of games that runs perfectly, and it is very thin, mostly with crap games.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Your standards are extremely low, or you have not used them.. especially Dolphin where the number of games running as the original can be counted by 1 hand, pretty much. You have their own wiki which shows the list of games that runs perfectly, and it is very thin, mostly with crap games.

No, I don't hold the ridiculous standards that some other people hold on to. So far, every issue I've seen encountered is the result of trying to run settings too high for the hardware to handle, using the worse performing API available, or using a build that isn't 'stable.'

Even if the game doesn't run perfectly on Dolphin, the experience of virtualizing a good number of games on Nintendo's hardware has never been better.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

fans are not happy about it, from what I am reading. Some even says to not bother having anything.

I can agree to not bother with the free game at that point. 

I get A LOT of free ps plus games that i play later on during slow release seasons. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

36 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

How about cheaper games and no charge to play online? 

Oh wait the PC already does that. 

New games on PC on Steam are still $80 (Canadian). Switch games are $80 as well., Civ 6, despite being released a while ago, is still the original price. In fact, you can find on Amazon the game several times cheaper in the year. Steam is no longer as price aggressive as it used to be. It got its user base, now you wait for summer and winter sales and cross your finger that they are good games on specials, or you don't have already.

And why are you here? Aren't you having so much fun with your PC vast selection of games due specifically to their superior graphics, as you said in the other thread?

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Civ 6, despite being released a while ago, is still the original price.

Civ 6 was $35 on launch from GMG, which is not a grey market reseller but 100% legit partner seller.

There is always a deal somewhere, even when you avoid the grey market.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

ahahah. no.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

9 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Sadly, emulators still lags behind.. Heck, SNES emulator are still not great. Some big title games still have issues on that system. Sure, you can boost the game graphics, but if you have performance issues, or graphical glitches, it ruins the game. Sure it might be excellent with some games, but not all.

What emulators are you using? All games I've tried (not a SNES person, but I've played a ton of NES, N64 and Gamecube games emulated) has worked near perfectly.

I got a feeling you are just saying that because you are a Nintendo fanboy and don't want people using emulators.

Anyway, 30 dollars a year is about 30 dollars too much in my opinion. It's sad to see Nintendo going the greedy route of Microsoft and Sony.

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

What emulators are you using? All games I've tried (not a SNES person, but I've played a ton of NES, N64 and Gamecube games emulated) has worked near perfectly.

I got a feeling you are just saying that because you are a Nintendo fanboy and don't want people using emulators.

Anyway, 30 dollars a year is about 30 dollars too much in my opinion. It's sad to see Nintendo going the greedy route of Microsoft and Sony.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-18-did-nintendo-download-a-mario-rom-and-sell-it-back-to-us

Thats actually a decent price I was expecting it to be the same price as Xbox LIVE and PSN.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

6 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Hmm zSNES, Snes9x. I did try others as well, but don't recall. If you want an example, Snes9x can't play Yoshi's Island properly. And no, it isn't the only game. just an example that you can try, and highlighting that despite a popular game, emulators are still not there today. Gamecube/Wii, the list is on Dolphin emulator wiki page, so I don't need to provide examples, but if you want one absolutely. Let's look at GameCube launch game released on the system: Luigi's Mention. The game can't draw properly the mirror effect where Mario is held, as one of the several issues it has.

All these issues are normal. The only ones that can do an emulator right, is the console manufacture. They know how everything works on the back down to architecture details, so of course they can make an excellent emulator. There is no guess work.

Why would I not want people to use emulator? I use one myself. And yes, I do enjoy boosting graphics of games I enjoyed previously on the system. Just having AA is a HUGE step up. Heck, even today Nintendo doesn't have it on all it's games (ahem: Mario game on the Switch).

Anyway, my point is that there is a market for the Virtual Console Game market that Nintendo offering, especially that they are many that want the identical, 0 graphical boost, 0 performance boost experience.

10 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Civ 6 was $35 on launch from GMG, which is not a grey market reseller but 100% legit partner seller.

There is always a deal somewhere, even when you avoid the grey market.

Nice. Huh....looks like consoles are coming there as well. I guess there will be deals there too.

Anyway, I am not doing PC vs Console discussion.. why do one? I have both!

My point is that doesn't mean that the game is on PC that it necessarily cheap, while it used to be like this, it is no longer the case, at least in Canada. And Steam, which many people praise too much, doesn't have necessarily the best deals/pricing either, you can find cheaper. I mentioned Amazon.ca as an example.