saladcrack

Chrono Trigger

Gothic 2

Pillars of Eternity

Planescape: Torment

Outcast

Max Payne 3

Lords of the Fallen

Bulletstorm (there's a remaster coming out this year)

Warcraft 2

MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries

Bioforge

You could browse old games at GoG, and pick out something completely unfamiliar-looking, and decide you're going to commit to learning and playing it.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

On 2/1/2017 at 1:36 PM, Gamessys said:

I've played it on my friends PS4 and I wasn't a huge fan.

I made the same mistake. Unless you are an accomplished Console gamer, I wouldn't judge a game by it's console version. I played overwatch on PS4 and hated it. Played it on a friends PC and couldn't stop... I spent hours on it. 

I think it's the fact that I'm used to little to no input lag, 60+ FPS gameplay etc. that ruined the experience for me. It could be the same for you, just keep this in mind.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

2 hours ago, Gamessys said:

Yeahhh no.

Not into mobas? they have a pretty specific target audience lol

1 minute ago, be_x said:

Not into mobas? they have a pretty specific target audience lol

Nope, not at all.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Game Dev Tycoon.

48 hours into that one ^_^

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Okay, Garfield Kart.

"

i crashed into a pole and the game crashed "

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

As said before civ v (with DLC) is a great turn based strategy game, though you did say you prefer more RTS games over turn based (or atleast that's what I understand). I would recommend supreme commander, great game though it's battles aren't quite as epic as the total war franchise imho. It's still a great game. Also halo wars 2 when it comes out, I've played the first and loved it for a few weeks.

The mass effect trilogy is phenomenal, if you haven't played those games I'd do so first thing. I had the trilogy in my wishlist for about 3 years and I put off purchasing it because I didn't really know much about it, I finally got around to buying it and I decided I was stupid for putting off buying mass effect. Seriously play it if you haven't.

some other strategy games that are good that I know of are:

- tropico

-kingdom new lands

-banished

-planet base (gets a little old if you binge play it)

-home world: deserts of kharak (fun campaign, but skirmishes get old pretty quick)

-homeworld 1&2 remastered  

another neat game (not sure if it's your cup of tea or not but) I have played recently is FTL: faster than light. Great little game that can keep you entertained for a few days. Gets old really quick if you play the same ship over and over(also I'd recommend playing easyc normal mode is hard and the next difficulty is impossible). It's the same story but as you win with each ship you unlock new ships which slow you to play using different strategies which is pretty fun. Not sure if it's worth $10 though.

I know you said you don't want anymore survival games but if you haven't tried don't starve or don't starve together you should. They're pretty fun and are the kind of game you could play for a whole day and not regret it. Might want to look up some YouTube videos on it however as it may not be a perfect fit with you, it's quite a bit different from most other survival games.

On 2.2.2017 at 7:03 PM, Gamessys said:

Yeah I've played it on my friends PC enough to know that I won't want to play it for more than a couple hours. And I do have Infinite Warfare and the Remastered version that came with it, I loved SP but as much as I tried I couldn't get into the MP it's a huge cluster f***k.

You are though to please - I can tell you that haha

Some more games to consider:

This is the Police -> Interesting gameplay and story.

Firewatch -> Good story but quite short.

This War of Mine -> Very addicting and unique gameplay.

Then I'm honestly out of ideas :D