Searching for a job!!!

KIKOFUS

HI my name is kristoffer andersen. I am 15years old and i want to search for a job. I can everything about pcs and pcbuilding, and if u want i can make a tutorial video to show u how good i am. I am preaty mutch just you in a junior. I live in norway.

Have you looked up what Norway has instead of going on a North American forum site asking for it?

You should look for jobs locally. Find ways to get your name out in your community so that if someone has a problem with their computer or has a potential job, they will think of you.

First of all no idea why you're posting in this sub-forum; second of all I'm not sure why you're posting on this forum in the first place...

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Wrong sub-forum.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I'm going to be honest here kid.

you can train a monkey to build a computer. your skills are not skills. go take a manufacturing shop course in HS, learn to weld, learn to CNC Machine, learn to swing a hammer. If you're looking for a side job to earn some cash, shovel snow, mow lawns, or help cut, stack, and deliver firewood.

learn a trade. building computers ain't one of em.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

8 minutes ago, KIKOFUS said:

HI my name is kristoffer andersen. I am 15years old and i want to search for a job. I can everything about pcs and pcbuilding, and if u want i can make a tutorial video to show u how good i am. I am preaty mutch just you in a junior. I live in norway.

Is it legal for you to have a job at 15 in Norway if I was you I'd look in to some cash in hand jobs, when I was your age I washed dishes on the weekends for a local restaurant and it was a pretty good job for me at that age brought in enough money to satisfy me I also helped out a local lanscaper which was pretty fun these are the kind of jobs you should be looking in to at your age.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

2 hours ago, knightslugger said:

you can train a monkey to build a computer. your skills are not skills. go take a manufacturing shop course in HS, learn to weld, learn to CNC Machine, learn to swing a hammer. If you're looking for a side job to earn some cash, shovel snow, mow lawns, or help cut, stack, and deliver firewood.

You would be surprised by the number of people who want a custom built computer, but don't know how to put it together or want the help of a professional so that they don't break anything.

5 hours ago, KIKOFUS said:

I can everything about pcs and pcbuilding

lmao this does not inspire confidence in the slightest.

I assume English is not your native language, given that you live in Norway, so I'll forgive you the really bad spelling and grammar.

Anyway, your best bet? Get a part time job in your home town, doing whatever. Retail or stocking shelves, etc. If you're dead set on Computers, then I would start by doing a few things:

1. Offer your services to repair and maintain computers to your friends and family. Either offer a set per hour fee, or make up a price list for various actions (or both). Eg: Virus Removal - $50, otherwise work is $15 per hour

2. Use the above method to build a reputation. Create a website if you want to expand your business. Alternatively, start offering PC Building as a service to friends and family. Charge a set amount for building (Eg: $50). Decide whether you will support the computer after the customer receives it (Eg: Do you provide 1 year of service/support, or is the customer on their own after they pick it up?)

3. Shipping a full computer is pretty expensive, so I'd recommend keeping everything pretty local.

You could make some money, but it's better to start learning about Information Technology, computer science, etc, and learn some skills that can be used as a career in your adulthood.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, EPENEX said:

You would be surprised by the number of people who want a custom built computer, but don't know how to put it together or want the help of a professional so that they don't break anything.

If he's dead set on PC Building, then his best bet is that he happens to live in a smaller/rural town that doesn't already have a "Computer Shop" (Or a brick and mortar chain) selling computers. There's very little money in it, unless you get into the "ripping people off" territory, or the extreme high end boutique builds.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 hours ago, EPENEX said:

enough to take home $60,000 / yr?

I doubt it.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

enough to take home $60,000 / yr?

I doubt it.

Possibly if you owned a small Computer Repair business, and you were the only option in town. Then yes, you might be able to get up to that kind of income.

But most likely? Not even close. Not by just PC building at least. You'd have to run a full service Computer Shop that does sales, builds, repairs, selling parts/software, etc. And even then, if you had competition, you'd likely lose out on most of your profits just trying to stay competitive.

16 hours ago, knightslugger said:

I would say applying to local shops (any, be it a fast food chain or a grocery store or w/e) would help. I'm not aware of what Norway's laws on Child labor are but if they're anything like Minnesota's, a 15 year old can do most things that a 16 year old can but with a few restrictions that the 16 year old wouldn't have. I got my first and my subsequent second job when I was 16. I'm 17 now. (I got my first job in early August, I started in September because August is a busy month for me.) and towards the end of October I got a job to replace that first job because I didn't really like it and so once I had a start date set for that replacement job I put my 2 week notice in and worked until my last scheduled day. And now going on month 3 (3 months will be February 21st) 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

The problem with building computers for a job is that you will eventually reach a point when you have built a computer for everyone in your potential customer base and if did a decent job they won't need you for anything for quite a long time unless they want to upgrade every year or frequent too many questionable sites. Repairs are an iffy thing as you may end up costing yourself money trying to figure out what obscure nonsensical part is causing something else to go wrong. Working for a restaurant is a more stable job as people will always eat and in some cases you may be able to put your knowledge of computers to work. I personally did that by suggesting the restaurant I work at to upgrade from a handwritten ticket system to a pos machine which I set up outside of my scheduled hours for a fee. You meet some pretty interesting people aswell, I've met five different brewery owners and a guy who works in marketing for Nvidia. 

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

16 hours ago, KIKOFUS said:

get a job selling computers at a local store. thats what i did. i know a fair bit about computers and wanted to work around them so i sell them at bestbuy. (bestbuy is a major comouter retailer)

(also im 18)

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

I am 15years old and i want to search for a job

You're too young for a job. Enjoy your youth. Once you get older you will miss it.

I can everything about pcs and pcbuilding

No you don't, and the fact that you even said that shows that you know very little.

The more you know, the more you realize how much you don't know.

if u want i can make a tutorial video to show u how good i am. I am preaty mutch just you in a junior.

Are you applying for a job at LTT? Because they just hired more people so they probably aren't looking for more, and you're underage, and you live in the wrong country.

Look for a local job instead, if you are dead set on working (which I strongly recommend against).