Quiet front intake. 200mm or 2 140mm?

Saiyan

Wondering which would be quieter as a front intake fan. I have the phanteks enthoo pro as a case so clearly it isn't a case built for silence with the front of it being open but wondering which would be quieter but still give me good airflow. If I were to switch to 2 140mm it would definitely being the Notcua NF-a14's. 

PCPartPicker: z97 Gaming 5 | 750w Photon | 850 Series 250gb SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | LG25um56-P | Corsair K70 RGB | Asus Strix 970 4gb | WD Blue 1TB | Logitech G502 | i7-4790k | H100i GTX w/ (Noctua NF-F12's) | HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb 1866 | NZXT Hue+ |  ATR2500 | ATH-M50x |

There aren't any good 200mm fans, do 2x140.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

200mm would be quieter, dual 140's will give higher performance. If the 200mm goes, there aren't many good big fans to replace with.

As users of both options, 200mm without controls is as quiet as 2x140mm controlled.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

As users of both options, 200mm without controls is as quiet as 2x140mm controlled.

What do you mean by controlled? Are you comparing 140mm's ramping up to the 200mm at some static speed?

NF-A14's can easily be quieter than the stock PH-F200SP if rpm is kept low enough. 

Airflow would probably be similar though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What do you mean by controlled? Are you comparing 140mm's ramping up to the 200mm at some static speed?

200mm at full speed vs 2x140mm at 7V speed about. About same noise to my ears, though its hard to compare anyway. I would still pick 2x140mms over 200mm anyday.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv