About to click buy soon.. Last minute thoughts?

DigitalFearZ

I have a budget of about $2500 and I need help choosing a new monitor. I prefer it to be 144hz and I really like monitors that are very bright with deep blacks and vibrant colors (Like Samsung's Amoled displays). 

I also have been told that the NZXT Phantom 820 is too big for what parts I have chosen. I plan to water-cool my rig down the line and may switch to the Noctis 450 (Other suggestions would be helpful).

I also love to have my parts to be RGB lit.

Please note that I already have a 250gb SSD with Windows 10 and a 1tb hdd.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7mcrtJ

Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7mcrtJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($343.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($154.98 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($199.00 @ B&H) 

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card  ($678.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 (White) ATX Full Tower Case  ($189.99 @ NCIX US) 

Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 

Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($179.99 @ Best Buy) 

Mouse: Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Optical Mouse  ($122.88 @ Amazon) 

Total: $2109.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-26 20:42 EST-0500

wireless card? also if ur going rgb, an nzxt hue with strips will look nice, and i would go for a 700w or above powersupply, 550 wont cut it. also, u might need to buy additional fans

Personally I would prefer a wired mouse over wireless because sometimes wireless could become unreliable, you never know when your batteries are gonna die, and latency wired is just better. Plus $100 on a mouse is WAYYYYYYYYY too much in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

wireless card? also if ur going rgb, an nzxt hue with strips will look nice, and i would go for a 700w or above powersupply, 550 wont cut it. also, u might need to buy additional fans

The motherboard comes with a wireless card.

Any suggestions on the fans? 

PCPartPicker says that the wattage would be 370. You sure it still won't be enough? Or are you future-proofing it in case I want to upgrade down the line?

Last thing: DO IT! JUST DO IT! 

anyway maybe a 750w psu for future upgrade to 1080 sli? Logitech g502? 

4 minutes ago, Anzules said:

Personally I would prefer a wired mouse over wireless because sometimes wireless could become unreliable, you never know when your batteries are gonna die, and latency wired is just better. Plus $100 on a mouse is WAYYYYYYYYY too much in my opinion.

Do you have a specific mouse in mind?

I'll do a bit more research on the pros and cons between wired and wireless. Thank you for your comment.

5 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

550w will cut it what do you mean? 

power_maximum.png

@DigitalFearZ 370 on a 550w powersupply will cause the fans to start blazing in it, and the preformance will not be good (look it up). 

btw dont get corsairs CM series. 

btw i prefeer motherboards without a wireless card because wifi is always evolving, and when it does, ull be out of date (keep in mind this does take a pci slot so it might not look as clean.

depends on the fan. silent fans- go with bequiet, rgb corsair is good.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Last thing: DO IT! JUST DO IT! 

anyway maybe a 750w psu for future upgrade to 1080 sli? Logitech g502? 

Is the G502 better than the G900?

I'll look into how much wattage I need in case I do want to do an SLI. Thank you for the suggestion. I haven't thought of that.

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

power_maximum.png

This is what I had initially thought as well. PCPartPicker says it is only 370watts for the whole rig if you click on the link.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

power_maximum.png

itll start the fans, be loud and put it under load (can cause problems). that why u see people get more than double their W usage. There are alot more reason, look it up

2 minutes ago, DigitalFearZ said:

Is the G502 better than the G900?

I'll look into how much wattage I need in case I do want to do an SLI. Thank you for the suggestion. I haven't thought of that.

I like g502 as it feels nice and also has rgb light too. It is wired though

2 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

@DigitalFearZ 370 on a 550w powersupply will cause the fans to start blazing in it, and the preformance will not be good (look it up). 

btw dont get corsairs CM series. 

btw i prefeer motherboards without a wireless card because wifi is always evolving, and when it does, ull be out of date (keep in mind this does take a pci slot so it might not look as clean.

depends on the fan. silent fans- go with bequiet, rgb corsair is good.

I will research the PSU more before I buy. Thank you.

What is wrong with the Corsair CM Series?

And how does Wifi always evolve? I thought as long as I get the "N" range, I will be alright.

9 minutes ago, Anzules said:

get a mx masters, its a really good mouse, worth every cent. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a mx masters, its a really good mouse, worth every cent. 

But it doesn't light up :|

1 minute ago, DigitalFearZ said:

But it doesn't light up :|

RGB is a gimmick in my opinion, i turned the rgb feature off on my k70.   

11 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

550 is fine, Personally run a fx8370 and a 290x on a seasonic 550 G-series, no issues, That being said if he's planning on playing demanding games for days at a time It might be noisy but physically should be fine

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Dominator Platinum is complete money waste.  At DDR4-2133 anything will work, Crucial, Kingston, etc.  Doesn't even need a heatspreader.  Also go 2x8 instead of 4x4.

Everything else is fine.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

15 minutes ago, DigitalFearZ said:

1 minute ago, DigitalFearZ said:

I will research the PSU more before I buy. Thank you.

What is wrong with the Corsair CM Series?

And how does Wifi always evolve? I thought as long as I get the "N" range, I will be alright.

CM series arent made by corsair, its ofbranded or something. i have the newer version of the CM750. its crappy. the coil wine is horrible and its meant for basic PC. ( i have a 1070 and i5-6600k)

also psu are important. A bad psu can blow up a capacitor or something in ur pc  (cm has done that, not all tho). U want more than enough W and a good efficiany rating.

1 minute ago, Lethalmonk said:

CM series arent made by corsair, its ofbranded or something. i have the newer version of the CM750. its crappy. the coil wine is horrible and its meant for basic PC. ( i have a 1070 and i5-6600k)

also psu are important. A bad psu can blow up a capacitor or something in ur pc  (cm has done that, not all tho). U want more than enough W and a good efficiany rating.

He is using corsair RMx

And I did look up

2 minutes ago, RainColt said:

550 is fine, Personally run a fx8370 and a 290x on a seasonic 550 G-series, no issues, That being said if he's planning on playing demanding games for days at a time It might be noisy but physically should be fine

he 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

He is using corsair RMx

And I did look up

im not saying about getting 1000w....

and im saying that if he goes for a higher one, CMseries from corsair might come across (low price etc).

OP, when i meant CM i didnt mean coolermaster, i meant CXpsu series from corsiar*

MB

6 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Dominator Platinum is complete money waste.  At DDR4-2133 anything will work, Crucial, Kingston, etc.  Doesn't even need a heatspreader.  Also go 2x8 instead of 4x4.

Everything else is fine.

I honestly got it for the color. I want neutral colors in my rig. With RGB lighting to be the only things that are colored.

1 minute ago, Lethalmonk said:

OP, when i meant CM i didnt mean coolermaster, i meant CMpsu series from corsiar*

24 minutes ago, DigitalFearZ said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7mcrtJ

Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7mcrtJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($343.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($154.98 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($199.00 @ B&H) 

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card  ($678.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 (White) ATX Full Tower Case  ($189.99 @ NCIX US) 

Power Supply: Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 

Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($179.99 @ Best Buy) 

Mouse: Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Optical Mouse  ($122.88 @ Amazon) 

Total: $2109.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-26 20:42 EST-0500

2 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

he 

im not saying about getting 1000w....

and im saying that if he goes for a higher one, CMseries from corsair might come across (low price etc).

Well there is no such thing as Corsair CM

Only CXM and CX :P