Buying in Japan

Maybe this is a stuppid question but I would still like to know:

Would it be cheaper to buy a laptop in Japan and would it be trustworthy? :o
I often go to Japan and to have a keyboard with the layout for typing in Japanese it would be easier for me as well
(it's still qwerty but symbols are in different places :P )

Which laptop r u looking for?

Overall, laptops and computers are a little bit more expensive compared to the USA.  They are about the same in reliability.

No. For instance the Dell Inspiron 15 7559 in its fully decked out configuration is 159,980 yen, or ~$1,415 USD. On the US store, it's $1300.

Also the most common way to input Japanese is typing in its romaji. Or at least that's what I think the most common way to do it is. So having a standard English QWERTY keyboard is fine for typing in Japanese, save for those few punctuation characters you may need.

12 minutes ago, voylin said:

Maybe this is a stuppid question but I would still like to know:

Would it be cheaper to buy a laptop in Japan and would it be trustworthy? :o
I often go to Japan and to have a keyboard with the layout for typing in Japanese it would be easier for me as well
(it's still qwerty but symbols are in different places :P )

It's actually more expensive to buy most Japanese made electronic in Japan than it is to buy in the United States. This has to do with the taxes on electromics from the Japanese government.

1 minute ago, voylin said:

I know it is cheaper then the us, but I am from Belgium and I have not really any idea how to lok up prices in Japan to compare with in Belgium

If it's from HP, Dell, or some other major manufacturer, you can just go to their international website (co.be or co..jp)

But yeah, that makes all the difference. It's cheaper in Japan since the fully decked out new Inspiron 15 7000 is ~20,000 yen more expensive in Europe than Japan.

Having just come back from japan, some legit looking laptops, legit (around Akihabara, legit store and internationally recognized brand, MSI, razer, dell) i was looking at $500-$600 cheaper then what i would pay (AUD) for a laptop i5 GTX 970m 8GB ram i think the price was around $1400