Illinois Legislature Passes Gay Marriage Bill

wpirobotbuilder

After months of delay, the Illinois General Assembly passed the same-sex marriage bill that was being debated, making it the 15th state to do so.

Illinois is set to become the 15th state and largest in the heartland to allow same-sex couples to marry. State senators approved technical changes Tuesday to a measure legalizing gay weddings, shortly after a historic favorable vote in the state House. The bill now goes to Gov. Pat Quinn, who has said he’ll sign it into law.

Quinn said the House "put our state on the right side of history" with its vote, adding "Illinois is a place that embraces all people and today, we are an example for the nation."

In addition, criticism came from the head of the National Organization of Marriage (nom nom nom), Brian Brown:

"The losers will be the people of Illinois who will see that redefining marriage will unleash a torrent of harassment toward those who believe that marriage is the union of one man and one woman."

Source: The Washington Post

It's not my place to pass judgment on whether the Illinois legislature was right or wrong to pass the bill, but Brown's arguments against the bill sound a lot like President Johnson's veto of the 14th Amendment, saying that protecting the rights of black Americans amounted to discrimination against white Americans.

Also, because NOM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

like President Johnson's veto of the 14th Amendment, saying that protecting the rights of black Americans amounted to discrimination against white Americans.

For the 5 of you that haven't already seen this, reminds me of:

Error: 410

Good to hear.

My System:

CPU: i7 4790k @ stock GPU: EVGA GTX 780 FTW MB: ASUS Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi ac) RAM: CORSAIR Dominator 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2133 CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i SSD: 2 256 GB Samsung 840 Pros in RAID-0 HDD: Western Digital 500 GB Black, Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache PSU: Cooler Master V850 80 Plus Gold Case: Fractal Define R4

still a small part of the USA, I wonder how long it will take for more to adopt it

Its all about those volumetric clouds

good

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I don't know why people get so upset about same sex stuff, who gives a crap, love is love right? Hooray for the gays.

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful." -  Konstantin Josef Jireček

Good on Illinois. I feel very happy about people being more open minded about it. :)

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990