"New BlackBerry CEO John Chen: Jumping on Android right now is inappropriate"

TopWargamer

http://www.androidcentral.com/new-blackberry-ceo-john-chen-jumping-android-right-now-inappropriate

Kevin: [...] Is BlackBerry 10 still the play going forward, or could we see BlackBerry adopting something like Android going forward?

John: It’s way too early for me to make an informed statement on that. It would be very, very premature. Whatever is the right thing for the business, you need to preserve the reason why BlackBerry is around. I think just jumping to an Android without a thought through of why BlackBerry needs to be around and what makes us relevant and all that, before I answer that question, jumping to anything is inappropriate. You’ll find that I’m a little bit more thoughtful from a marketing perspective then to just go somewhere. I’m not that kind of person. I’ve only been on the clock now for almost 24 hours -- I think that if I made those statements right now conclusively, somebody should pull me out and shoot me.

Ok BlackBerry, you keep doing what you've been doing lately, because we all know how that will end up for you. Spoiler: Not good. If BlackBerry wants to keep making their own phones with their own OS on it, fine, but if they they expect to still be around another 2-3 years, they need to start making Android phones alongside their BB OS versions. That way the people who want a BB phone with Android on it get it, and the people who want a BB phone with the BB OS on it can get that. 

If BlackBerry did come out with an Android phone, if it was good enough, I wouldn't mind buying one, but it has to have Android on it and not the BB OS. 

What are your thoughts on BlackBerry's CEO John Chen's thoughts on switching over to Android? 

COMIC SANS

crap. Companies (HTC) already make great android phones. What can they do to one-up them? 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

BB, if you came out with a 5"-5.5", 1080p+, 3000mAh+ battery, SD card slot and ran near stock Android, I'd buy it for whatever price you list it as.

BB, if you do not go Android or make BB a good alternative, then you're nothing but a log in the river floating away until we can't see you anymore.

A Z10 with Android would be amazing

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

A Q10 with android would make it a tough decision between that and a Note 3 tbh... the keyboard <3

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Keep the blackberry OS, but make installing android apps a no brainer

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Yeah, a few years ago would have been a more appropriate moment. 

With all seriousness though, he's right to not jump out and announce that on his first day. BB could bring a lot of good software if/when they do move to android, but they gotta plan that shit out before even hinting at it publicly. BBM seems cool but right now it only works on phones, I can't use it on my desktop or tablet. I'd be more enthusiastic about their software if they made more of an effort to get it to me. They have a lot of work to do before they can abandon their current platform.

Their Z10 is one sexy phone. If it had Android, it'd be an instant hit. 

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Z10 with android would be awesome! Wonder if they would go for a stock AOSP look or port over a BB OS10 skin...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Why doesn't BlackBerry ever listen? o_O How do they not know that BB OS is not an OS that is going to catch on and now is the time to jump over to Android before their ship sinks?

CoolerMaster Storm Scout 2 Black - Intel Core i5-4570 - CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Evo - Sapphire Radeon HD7950 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance - Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD - Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB - Seasonic G-550 - BenQ GW2255 21.5" LED Monitor

2016 MacBook Pro 13" - Google Pixel

A Q10 with Android would be pretty damn sweet.  Although (and I will get hate on this) there is no doubt in my mind that BB10.2 + physical keyboard is by far THE best device for COMMUNICATION.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

A Q10 with android would make it a tough decision between that and a Note 3 tbh... the keyboard <3

Try Swiftkey, you'll never want any alternative ever again.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

neh i think they should just switch to android becaus they might sell something

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Try Swiftkey, you'll never want any alternative ever again.

Nothing replaces a physical keyboard sorry :P

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

BB phones + android + exclusive bb services on their hardware like their cloud backup and BB OS security feature

that would be a epic win IMO

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here