GT 640M FOR GAMING!

Hey guys. Just got a laptop. it has an i7 3610QM, 8GB RAM, GT 640M, 256GB SSD, and 500 GB HDD.

Just wanna ask what other games can I play? I dont mind playing at 1280x600 as long as I get playable framerates. I already run CS:GO, League of Legends, and DotA 2 at good settings and playable framerates. Will it handle GTA V and BF4 in the lowest settings and 1280x600 resolution? In terms of editing work since I do editing mostly, it runs like a beast! Thanks guys

4 minutes ago, MultiMigo said:

Hey guys. Just got a laptop. it has an i7 3610QM, 8GB RAM, GT 640M, 256GB SSD, and 500 GB HDD.

Just wanna ask what other games can I play? I dont mind playing at 1280x600 as long as I get playable framerates. I already run CS:GO, League of Legends, and DotA 2 at good settings and playable framerates. Will it handle GTA V and BF4 in the lowest settings and 1280x600 resolution? In terms of editing work since I do editing mostly, it runs like a beast! Thanks guys

you def hit min req should be fine

1 minute ago, MultiMigo said:

You know that it's not accurate? Right? Gtfo if you dont have nothing good to say. 

*cough* these are the people that test minimum reqs... I trust them before buying games... not that I've had to check lately, 980ti B|

I thought you were being too rude. Lol

understandable lmgtfy is a real trigger here on ltt i hear

Cs go and dota should not be a problem

overeatch and gta v at low can do

Thanks dude! Heard in the forums too that syslab is not accurate. But, you told me that you consult to that. Imma give it a try :) 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Cs go and dota should not be a problem

overeatch and gta v at low can do

How much FPS will I get? Running it at 1280x600? 

Thanks dude! Heard in the forums too that syslab is not accurate. But, you told me that you consult to that. Imma give it a try :) 

Yeah it just tells if your pc merts requirements i find it very inaccurate for oldet gen hardware

Here look at this

http://www.notebookcheck.com/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-640M.70792.0.html

3 minutes ago, MultiMigo said:

How much FPS will I get? Running it at 1280x600? 

at least 30-45 gta 5? dont quote me on that, im guessing here. Probably higher. I got 120 on my 760 (1080p) (but it was a desktop gpu)

On 1/24/2017 at 1:56 AM, SolarpandaS said:

understandable lmgtfy is a real trigger here on ltt i hear

Yes, do not post anything that deals with the idea of someone Googling to get the answer. You are on the forum to provide proper assistance. If you can't provide it in a particular topic, move on to something else.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The 640M will not handle GTA 5 very well. It'll do 720p at low-medium settings holding PROBABLY around 30-35fps, I'd assume, given how my previous GPU, the 560M, was faster and MIGHT be able to handle that. :P

It'll do CS:GO no problem though. 720p gaming is still very viable for a GPU like that. :) 

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260