i just posted my ip on internet

deleteduser1535945
Go to solution Solved by SuperShermanTanker,
2 minutes ago, 27md said:

my ip changed when restarted router thanks guys :D

You didn't need to do that they are just going crazy when really nothing was wrong like I said websites just keep track of IPS for security purposes and only you and the owner of thewebsite you are on can see your IP so your fine and you don't need to go crazy restarting your router and your PC

Theoretically yes. You can get a new IP by disconnecting your PC from your network. When you reconnect it should assign a new IP.

1 minute ago, Squirrel724 said:

Theoretically yes. You can get a new IP by disconnecting your PC from your network. When you reconnect it should assign a new IP.

That wont change the WAN IP.

1 minute ago, 27md said:

help pls I am worried

Turn your router off and on again if you are worried, that will get you a new address :)

Just delete the Post.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, 27md said:

but I posted public one it never changes not my ipv4

contact your network provider.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

6 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

1- Disconnecting your PC from the network doesn't change the IP of the network itself.

2- That's only if he has a dynamic IP from his ISP, which is unlikely these days, unless he pay extra for that service.(which many ISPs charge you for, at least they do here)

He's more likely to have a Static IP, which doesn't change even when disconnecting the modem.

Edit : Derped.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

while it generally is a very bad idea to post your ip it doesn't make you hackable. it just puts a name to an address. your ip is the address of your home on the internet. the only real way they can hack you is if you're port forwarding anything or if your computer is directly connected to the modem.

2 minutes ago, 27md said:

there was 8 views on it do you think someone of those 8 will hack my pc?

You expect some random minecrafter to even know anything about hacking past pre-made scripts? It's more likely that nothing will happen. Don't worry about it. They aren't there to find hacking target, but to find servers to play in.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

2- That's only if he has a static IP from his IPS, which is unlikely these days, unless he pays extra for that service. He's more likely to have a Dynamic IP, which doesn't change even if when disconnecting the modem.

Ermm, whaa?

1 minute ago, tlink said:

while it generally is a very bad idea to post your ip it doesn't make you hackable. it just puts a name to an address. your ip is the address of your home on the internet. the only real way they can hack you is if you're port forwarding anything or if your computer is directly connected to the modem.

I was portforwarding but stopped it

1 minute ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Ermm, whaa?

I derped, inverted static and dynamic.

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

I derped, inverted static and dynamic.

I've never had a static IP, Usually you'd pay extra for that. ISP's don't like people hosting things form consumer connections.

2 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

I've never had a static IP, Usually you'd pay extra for that. ISP's don't like people hosting things form consumer connections.

Well it's Static all the way here. I've had the same IP for the past 2 years now. Most people I know also have static IPs. Especially now that IPv4 addresses ran out, they shouldn't be able to just let you change your IP every 5 minutes, unless they recycle them, but even there, that's just limiting their growth.

7 minutes ago, 27md said:

so I cant be hacked?

Try and edit the post, then restart your router/modem, most ISPs give you a dynamic IP that switches when the router/modem is restarted.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

15 minutes ago, 27md said:

the title says it I posted my ip on minecraft forums

instead of posting another one

can I be hacked?

You'll be fine the chances of you being hacked are like one in a million because no one will want to hack a small little home PC and your PC and home network have somthing called a firewall that will flat out block anyone from the outside from trying to get into your network so your perfectly safe and some forums have the IP tracking thing and they show the IP to you but no one else but the people who run the site can see it so only the people who own the site will see it and they use it as just security to keep track of who visited the site and they keep it in a log file with a billion other IP addresses from every other user who visited the site and there are so many address in that log file that if anyone tried to hack every single address in that log file it would be like trying to hack every computer in New York city. So don't be concerned the site only tracks IP addresses for security reasons and doesn't display them publicly and can only be seen by the owner of the website. Also your own router and computer have a firewall and they are usually set to block anyone from the outside from trying to gain access to the network and it's nearly impossible to get past a firewall that denys you access to a network or machine.