Any free antivirus/vpn

1 minute ago, MySelfLuls said:

Now it basically just seems like you are firing at every single antivirus, then what DO you use when you even mention one such as Malwarebytes to be unsafe? 

you didnt get what i meant did you? i've been using malwarebytes for years, and they do what it says on the tin, nothing more, nothing less, wether i pay them or not.

that's all i ask from antivirus/antimalware: do what you tell me you do. but both avg and avast have given me such a terrible experience i went to the hog of all antivirus softwares: norton.

paid full sticker price for norton 360 on my mom's netbook, i was laughing at them "optimizing the system" for all of 30 minutes and then i came to the realisation that shit actually ran notably better. at this point malwarebytes is literally the only piece of free software left in its field that's free and that i'd rely on, and i'm honestly considering shelling out the cost for a norton license for my main rig, and benchmarking the darn performance difference before and after, because that netbook made me freaking impressed.

45 minutes ago, MySelfLuls said:

For that I need to quote a "little" whistleblower

"Arguing you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you gave nothing to say" 

-Edward Snowden

Not that I don't care about the right to privacy.  I'm hoping that out of the millions of people that use the product they'd rather say "hey this guy looking at illegal child photos is going down" and rightfully so. But they see me watching TV shows over the Internet and don't concern themselves with it. 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

1 minute ago, Vigilante505 said:

Not that I don't care about the right to privacy.  I'm hoping that out of the millions of people that use the product they'd rather say "hey this guy looking at illegal child photos is going down" and rightfully so. But they see me watching TV shows over the Internet and don't concern themselves with it. 

quoting belgium FCCU (had a speech at school from one of their 6 employees):

if it's not 600GB of illegal downloads per month we dont care, we rather focus resources on the really bad stuff first (referring to things done to kids, to put it nicely, and offcourse the computer stuff related to crimes like murder and drug trafficing)

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

quoting belgium FCCU (had a speech at school from one of their 6 employees):

if it's not 600GB of illegal downloads per month we dont care, we rather focus resources on the really bad stuff first (referring to things done to kids, to put it nicely, and offcourse the computer stuff related to crimes like murder and drug trafficing)

Exactly. Why waste efforts and money on the small fish. I'd expect a cancelation email from them... That's it. 

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

1 minute ago, Vigilante505 said:

Exactly. Why waste efforts and money on the small fish. I'd expect a cancelation email from them... That's it. 

they're not doing it because of the "why go after the small fish" but rather they just organise by severity, and work top down :P (while also tossing out the 10 year old cases, which is a thing for them by now)