Worse commonly/currently used laptop on the market right now?

LukeS

So I have a Dell Intel Core i3 Inspiron 15 3000 Series laptop. A lot of my friends have it as well. So far, all 7 of my friends who have the exact same model as me have all had the same issues: Drivers not working, harddrive corrupting 3 months after purchase, motherboard/BIOS exploding after 2.5 years of use, graphics freezing, TONS of useless "RAM" usage when not in use; all this led me to the question, what do YOU think the worse laptop being used today is?

And if you're wondering, yes, my laptop has officially hit the mid-downhill slide today, so that's why I'm making this. The drivers have stopped recognizing USB inputs and the battery does not HOLD any power, nor does it turn on with the battery in it...

TL;DR What do you think the worst laptop on the market is right now, and why?

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

I'd say macbook pro given its outrageous price, poor spec sheet, lack of ports, buggy functionality with its own adapters, and lack of F row keys due to that touchscreen thing.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

i feel similarly when i see people using common latitude laptops in the bone stock config. latitude laptops can hold upto 16gb of ram, 2 ssd's, an extra battery slice in the optical drive etc etc

and yet they run the bone stock 4gb ram config. and just replace the laptop when it feels too slow

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

Razer Blade is alright, other than the turbines located inside to cool everything down when you open a word doc. 

Razer blade is made by razer not alienware

Just now, Alaradia said:

Razer blade is made by razer not alienware

I know thats why you should refresh the page once in awhile 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

My old laptop

Made by HP

Specs are some dual core pentium

No dedicated gpu

Only 3GB RAM

No Bluetooth

No Webcam, yes it's a laptop

14" screen

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

I know thats why you should refresh the page once in awhile 

i had refreshed before posting you were just slow

Just now, Alaradia said:

i had refreshed before posting you were just slow

because 10 seconds is too slow amirite

gotta go fast 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

8 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

macbook "pro"

Which version?

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

My old laptop

Made by HP

Specs are some dual core pentium

No dedicated gpu

Only 3GB RAM

No Bluetooth

No Webcam, yes it's a laptop

14" screen

Don't feel bad, I was running off an old Toshiba laptop from 2002ish until 2 years ago when my parents got me a laptop for highschool. It does it's job, but runs games so slow I can't even game. I only play Dota because of graphics :(... But I can do all my medic/medical classes online pretty well. Wifi chip has broken and I'm using a 100 yd Ethernet cord from the basement to my laptop for internet, but still, better than that Toshiba (2 GB RAM, no Graphics card, 1 USB plug in thing, non-existant 'battery')

1 minute ago, LukeS said:

Don't feel bad, I was running off an old Toshiba laptop from 2002ish until 2 years ago when my parents got me a laptop for highschool. It does it's job, but runs games so slow I can't even game. I only play Dota because of graphics :(... But I can do all my medic/medical classes online pretty well. Wifi chip has broken and I'm using a 100 yd Ethernet cord from the basement to my laptop for internet, but still, better than that Toshiba (2 GB RAM, no Graphics card, 1 USB plug in thing, non-existant 'battery')

Oh to make things worse: Windows Vista

3 minutes ago, LukeS said:

Which version?

all the current versions 13 inch 15 inch with and without touch bar though the 15 inch ones are slightly less terrible 

21 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

macbook "pro"

This, I see so many people on campus using them and it drives me insane. I'm fine if you want to be a Mac user, but a Macbook Air (or even normal Macbook if you can get used to the ports) is more than enough for the light web browsing and word processing most students will be doing. Seems silly to waste so much more money (not to mention weight?)

38 minutes ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

Alienware. Overpriced garbage that in my opinion, doesn't have the argument for optimisation such as the macbook or the OS to back it up - it seems subpar for an overpriced listing while being bulky and just no.

I was just looking at laptops the other day and I noticed the alienware ones do seem quite overpriced for their hardware.

2 hours ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

Too be honest tho its like the apple of windows but without the market control to the point where they can just eliminate ports as they wish :P

I just thought it was a shame because they have the only laptop I know of that has an RX 470 in it or any Polaris GPU for that matter.

5 hours ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

Alienware. Overpriced garbage that in my opinion, doesn't have the argument for optimisation such as the macbook or the OS to back it up - it seems subpar for an overpriced listing while being bulky and just no.

This is an interesting perspective.  I don't think Mac laptops make any sense at all.  A good Macbook Pro 15" configuration is like 2700 dollars while even an Alienware comes in hundreds cheaper for more power.  The Windows OS is far superior for it's purpose.  Gaming on OS X is really just a bad choice, so of course it'll have Windows.  

I would argue things like the Acer Predator 21X or other stupid high end gimmick laptops are far inferior products.  Alienware screwed up with their heatsinks this generation so they are terrible buys at the moment.  But they are thinner now (the AW 15 is 1 inch thick, not quite as bulky), well built, and have better keyboards and speakers than pretty much any other gaming laptop.  

I think it's far more annoying to have an Apple machine with a terrible new keyboard, only USB Type C ports and a headphones jack (which means you can't even use the new stupid lightning headphones) and a your still getting only a decent cpu and a pretty awful graphics card.  As far as value goes Macbooks are bottom tier.  Your paying like 1000+ for OS X and build quality.  

X99 build!  Asus X99-A | i7 5820k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB RAM | Gigbyte G1 980 Ti sli | 250 + 500GB 850 Evo + 1TB MX300| 1TB WD Blue | Corsair 450D
Clevo P650RS i7 6820hk | GTX 1070 | 16GB RAM | 4K PLS Display | 1TB Sandisk Ultra II
Dell Latitude E6430 i7 3720qm | 6GB RAM | Nvidia Quadro NVS 5200m | 128gb ssd + 320GB hdd
Speakers JBL LSR 4328ps
Headphone Set Up Sennheiser HD800 | Sennheiser ie800 | Chord Mojo

I would say anything with a 1366x768 screen.  I don't think there's a single reason a modern laptop should still be shipping with on.

But if I have to pick one.

This fucker.

My stepdad has one (granted his is the Pentium model).  It's slow, it's thicker than hell, runs at the same temperature of the surface of the sun, watching a YouTube video cranks up the fans to louder than the deck of an aircraft carrier, horrible keyboard, and horrible trackpad.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Macbook Pros(2016) - (2012-2015 were okay) (2012 MBP was the last real "pro")

Razer Blades

HP Omens

Acer Nitros

Anything from Asus

Anything from Gigabyte

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

7 hours ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

No one uses Alienware right now. No one knows about it. More people use Asus and Acer in my hometown. Alienware has only just begun to be noticed by the masses. It's a name at best. Alienware is like the Unicorn of gaming laptops. People associate it with the ultra-high-end but it's so rare that you never encounter one in all fairness. :P

I've run into more Asus laptops than anything really.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

7 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

I've run into more Asus laptops than anything really.

That's cause they own the market share. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p