Will a 1080p be the same as 1440p if screen size on 1080p is reduced?

Junwei
Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

No, modern screens have fixed pixels and cannot be "set" to have more. If you only output to half the screen you'll get a 960x1080 image.

I am just curious if lets say i have both 27inch 1080P and 1440P monitor. One will have around 2million pixels and another will have around 3.4million pixels. If i change the screen resolution(size) of the 1080P such that it contain black frame reducing the screen resolution to half (half with black frame,the rest half contain pixels). Now will i have 2million pixels on 13.5inch on the 1080p and only 3.4/2= 1.7million pixels on half of the 1440p monitor?

PS. Sorry if i did not make myself clear. Here is a picture for better understanding

Compare.png

No, modern screens have fixed pixels and cannot be "set" to have more. If you only output to half the screen you'll get a 960x1080 image.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I think he means the Nvidia setting where you display a native image at a lower resolution, but only on a part of the screen. So it would be the same PPI but smaller

That's an F in the profile pic

It's possible if PPI is same which would be possible if you use smaller screen with 1080p and larger with 1440p res

Because i changed the resolution on nvidia control panel such that all the side is black frame. Wondering if the smaller resolution pic will be sharper

1 hour ago, Glenwing said:

No, it won't. 

Okay thank you !