1080p on a 1440p monitor

LyricalRain018

Heya guys, just wanted to ask if my GTX 1070 isn't able to run a game at 1440p 60fps and I turn the resolution down to 1080p on my 27 inch monitor, will there be a major difference?

A 1070 should run most games at 1440p 60+fps

Lowering the resolution will put less work on the gpu so it could make it perform slightly better, but chances are, with a 1070 at 1440p the cpu would be the bottleneck, not the gpu being too weak.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

everything will look fine if you disable display scaling

that way it can natively display 1080p in the center of the monitor with black bars around it.

OR run the games in windowed mode

Photography / Finance / Gaming

13 minutes ago, Malleotomato said:

Just dont put MSAA on 8x and you should be fine,  if you arent getting 60 fps you just turn down MSAA

Was going to say, don't drop resolution, just turn off or down a couple settings, I promise you will barely notice a difference. I run Battlefield 1 4k at 60 FPS by just turning off AA and lowering two of the effects settings from ultra to high on my 1080, your 1070 should handle things fine.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/