How to "test" a WiFi Router

Noyu

Ok background:

• I have a 3 y/o WiFi Router. It's a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND
  • I'm selling it for <50% of the price when I bought it.
  • Someone's interested but he's demanding a "test" (or maybe just a proof that the thing's working), before we meet up.
  • What do?

My current idea is to record myself going into the UI of the router..

But that doesn't really prove that the WiFi still works. Or whatever.

help?

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

Find a socket near where you're meeting and plug the thing in, letting him connect to it with his phone?

10 minutes ago, Granular said:

Find a socket near where you're meeting and plug the thing in, letting him connect to it with his phone?

• Someone's interested but he's demanding a "test" (or maybe just a proof that the thing's working), before we meet up.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

1 minute ago, Noyu said:

Well, tell him you're gonna do it when you meet up and he might drop that requirement.

9 hours ago, Granular said:

Well, tell him you're gonna do it when you meet up and he might drop that requirement.

yea I told him that. even told him that I'm giving him a 1-week personal warranty..

but he won't bite. he said he doesn't want to waste both of our time (and money) if it doesn't work during the meetup.

I keep wondering why he's super paranoid about this. O_o.

I mean like come on, don't wander into 2nd-hand buying if you're not willing to take risk and trust people.

Karamo

Spoiler