is Killer e2500 lan bad that much?

abdo601

i am going to build a pc with the new z270 boards
and the MSI z270 gaming M5 has a fantastic look spesially  with MSI 1070 Gaming x
but it has killer e2500 lan mmmmmm so is that lan bad and what about the issue which people r talking about?

If you don't install the software that is for the Killer E2500, you shouldn't have a problem. Killer bloats about how it is superior at "prioritizing" packets for gaming, and all this other non-sense. With the software installed, it'll prioritize it for sure... and slow everything else down. It's not even for scenarios where you don't have enough bandwidth, it'll just decide to prioritize specific applications over others... and deprioritize the rest of your traffic despite how much bandwidth you have. It misses out at generic features found in Ethernet today LACP, VLANS, etc...It simply will slow down your network, and there are plenty of tests to provide proof for that.

Regards,

Remix

Please (@mention) my username. Otherwise I may not see your message!

1 hour ago, Remix said:

If you don't install the software that is for the Killer E2500, you shouldn't have a problem. Killer bloats about how it is superior at "prioritizing" packets for gaming, and all this other non-sense. With the software installed, it'll prioritize it for sure... and slow everything else down. It's not even for scenarios where you don't have enough bandwidth, it'll just decide to prioritize specific applications over others... and deprioritize the rest of your traffic despite how much bandwidth you have. It misses out at generic features found in Ethernet today LACP, VLANS, etc...It simply will slow down your network, and there are plenty of tests to provide proof for that.

Killer e2500 without the software OR intel i219v?
no one talks about INTEL advantages and disadvantages. They only talk about killer issues

2 hours ago, abdo601 said:

Killer e2500 without the software OR intel i219v?
no one talks about INTEL advantages and disadvantages. They only talk about killer issues

Intel hands down. They've been in the business longer, and the chip simply works. Intel supports a wider variety of protocols, some of which I did mention previously. 

Regards,

Remix

Please (@mention) my username. Otherwise I may not see your message!

Intel has far better driver support in all operating systems and is more up to date regarding hardware offloading feature sets to help take strain off the CPU and let the network card do the work.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply