What are the laws for hacking WiFi networks in Poland?

PoXeW

Next weekend my class is going on a trip to Krakow, and I do not know how much free WiFi there is, but I got barely enough skill to hack a WiFi network. So I was wondering if or how illegal this is in Poland? Thanks for all replays.

Either way, how about you don't hack other people's WiFi routers to get access to the Internet that they pay for? 

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's very much illegal if you do not have permission to access the network... Just like it is everywhere else in the world. 

EDIT: Just had a little read through some legislation. The punishment for hacking is a fine and 2 years of restriction of liberty or penalty of deprivation. 

http://www.cybercrime.umk.pl/files/files/Cybercrime Legislation _PL_2010.pdf

However, depending on how it's interpreted, that can rise to 5 years 

You can't access network without permission regarding laws... government and police might able to get warrant to monitor it but apart from that it pretty much illegal in all countries for a individual to "hack" a network. Do you want someone stealing your electricity? 

Magical Pineapples

2 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

You can't access network without permission regarding laws... government and police might able to get warrant to monitor it but apart from that it pretty much illegal in all countries for a individual to "hack" a network. Do you want someone stealing your electricity? 

I wouldn't really mind someone stealing a little bit of electricity for like 2 days.

Just now, PoXeW said:

I wouldn't really mind someone stealing a little bit of electricity for like 2 days.

Because you're clearly not paying for it. 

Magical Pineapples

Just now, PoXeW said:

Regardless of your own view, you have no right to hack someone's WiFi network for a connection they pay for. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Regardless of your own view, you have no right to hack someone's WiFi network for a connection they pay for. 

I wouldn't try to access someones home network, but rather a hotel network witch charges like $1 for 24 hours or give it free to there visitors.

Just now, PoXeW said:

I wouldn't try to access someones home network, but rather a hotel network witch charges like $1 for 24 hours or give it free to there visitors.

You still have no right. 

1 minute ago, PoXeW said:

Still not your network is it, the rule still stands.  I would suggest asking on another forum as this forum isn't the place for this type of question.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

1 minute ago, PoXeW said:

You're more likely to get taken to court by a business than a private network. 

It's ultimately your choice, but you do run the risk of a fine and up to five years of restriction of freedom. A risk well worth taking to save $5 or so. 

19 minutes ago, PoXeW said:

Next weekend my class is going on a trip to Krakow, and I do not know how much free WiFi there is, but I got barely enough skill to hack a WiFi network. So I was wondering if or how illegal this is in Poland? Thanks for all replays.

Do not even think about this. Especially not at the current political situation in Poland regarding constitutional changes, more rights for security authorities and so on. If you now hack into somewhere and get caught, you can even be seen as a foreign attacker. Do not play with fire.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

8 minutes ago, PoXeW said:

Your excuse is to save $1-2 for hacking someone's WIFI network??

Back to the subject. I visited Poland a couple of years ago. All the hotels and hostels I stayed had free wifi. Same for many cafes, restaurants. Although the speed might not be the best.

2 minutes ago, Deli said:

Back to the subject. I visited Poland a couple of years ago. All the hotels and hostels I stayed had free wifi. Same for many cafes, restaurants. Although the speed might not be the best.

Thanks.