overclocking CPU = Warranty void?

Go to solution Solved by myselfolli,

You should be fine as long as you don't exceed a safe vcore

Hey everybody, so i'm thinking about buying the new i5-7600k (for a build i'm going to be making soon, now i have a core 2 duo e8400)

I can get the boxed version for €278.90 or the tray version for €268.10

now my questions are:

-If I overclock my CPU, will it void the warranty?

-Can i better buy the boxed version or the tray?

I know there is already one topic about this on the site, but i don't really understand what i should do.

thanks for your help!

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

buy the boxed versonWARNING: 
Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system and processor; (ii) 
cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other 
damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. Intel has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its 
specifications. Intel assumes no responsibility that the processor, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be 
fit for any particular purpose.
EXTENT OF LIMITED WARRANTY
Intel does not warrant that the Product will be free from design defects or errors known as “errata.” Current characterized errata are avail
-
able upon request. Further, this Limited Warranty does NOT cover: 
• any costs associated with the repair or replacement of the Product including labor, installation or other costs incurred by you, and in 
particular, any costs relating to the removal or replacement of any Product that is soldered or otherwise permanently affixed to any 
printed circuit board; 
OR
• damage to the Product due to external causes, including accident, problems with electrical power, abnormal electrical, mechanical or 
environmental conditions, usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, repair, improper installation, 
or improper testing; 
OR
• any Product which has been modified or operated outside of Intel’s publicly available specifications or where the original identifica
-
tion markings (trademark or serial number) has been removed, altered or obliterated from the Product.
also 

You should be fine as long as you don't exceed a safe vcore

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

They can't prove it was overclocked unless you tell them

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 hour ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

They can't prove it was overclocked unless you tell them

and they probably dont even care lol, just the the whole jailbreaking an ipod voids warranty thing, but ive taken my clearly jailbroken ipod to the apple store to get fixed and they took it no problem

4 hours ago, Jamtoad said:

and they probably dont even care lol, just the the whole jailbreaking an ipod voids warranty thing, but ive taken my clearly jailbroken ipod to the apple store to get fixed and they took it no problem

You're lucky. My earphones were once rejected from the shop (I wanted to give them back the earphones and take back my money) because "They were inside someone's ear, we can't sell them again"