Help deciding between routers

Vigilante505

I've been rocking the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000) for about a year now. I was able to get a killer deal on it just when my router out the time died. Anyway, its been dropping wifi randomly and a full reset never changes anything. While this was all happening I ran across the black Friday deal for the ASUS OnHub. I can't decide which to go with because they both have their drawbacks.

tl;dr

Nighthawk R7000 vs ASUS OnHub?

Thank you for any input

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

First Id try updating the firmware on your current router if you have not. That tends to solve disconnection issues. Id go with the Netgear option myself. The Onhub is too minimalist for my tastes. If your current router is compatible you can also check out DDWRT. I install it on my router as DLink no longer supports my router with updates. It fixed my WiFi dropping out issue. Saved me from spending $130 on a new router. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

OnHub link: HERE

Netgear link: HERE

You're right I may need more options than what this OnHub is giving me. I'll tell you one thing though, it seems to be more consistent with speed and connections. Hard to decide.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q