Drone is shaking very violently

Pcinacan

So other my drone thinks that it is a dog and i am about to give it a treat or its special needs is there any way to fix this?

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

They balance theirselves out with countertorques if i'm correct. Probably one motor that doesn't want to play ball.

Not sure what their feedback system is, do they use encoders or something? 

Just now, Majestic said:

They balance theirselves out with countertorques if i'm correct. Probably one motor that doesn't want to play ball.

ummmm idk

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

wut?

1 minute ago, samocamo123 said:

wut?

A motor creates a torque, for it to not spin out of control the four motors need to counteract eachother. Which also means all motors have to spin the exact same speed.

No two motors spin the same out of the box, so they have some sort of speedcontrol and feedback. It seems as though something is wrong with this procedure and causes the shaking.

I have no experience with these things in detail, so i'm not sure how they're controlled. Or even what types of motors they use (PWM, DC).

recalibrate the acceleronmeter and lower the PID differentials (thats what they are called on mine) they control how much control you have vs autostabliser has

Just now, kris2340k said:

recalibrate the acceleronmeter and lower the PID differentials (thats what they are called on mine) they control how much control you have vs autostabliser has

will try that 

have you managed a lift off before? if not there are like 3 more things you should check?

1 minute ago, kris2340k said:

have you managed a lift off before? if not there are like 3 more things you should check?

Just built it so no

Which flight controller do you have?

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

Just now, dany_boy said:

Which flight controller do you have?

The dodo

1 minute ago, Pcinacan said:

The dodo

Which firmware are you running?

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Not even 1080p

10 minutes ago, Pcinacan said:

Just built it so no

1. Check you have 2 counter clockwise propellers and 2 clockwise propellers (if you look at the side of them they are angled differently) both ones of the same angle (eg pointing to the lower left) should be opposite each other.

2. Check they rotate the right way, if looking at the propeller from the side results in a / angle, then a / shape must move towards the right to produce an upwards thrust. and \ shape must move left. In order to swap a motor direction you should have 3 cables connecting a motor to an ESC, simply swap any of the two cables.

3. check your controller board is in the right format (quad copter x or quad copter +)

4.Accelerometer

5. check motor connections are tight and not loose.

6. check the battery is at the right voltage, you can normally google stuff like 1S max battery voltage or 3S max battery voltage. for a 11.1V battery that I use, max voltage before use is 12.6V

2 of your propellers should spin one way, the other 2 should spin the other way, all of them should move/spin to produce upwards thrust (move air downwards by moving into it with an angled face)

Taking a second look, think its most likely to be PID differentials if you have any settings for them

1 minute ago, dany_boy said:

Which firmware are you running?

Im running betaflight_3.0.1

5 minutes ago, kris2340k said:

1. Check you have 2 counter clockwise propellers and 2 clockwise propellers (if you look at the side of them they are angled differently) both ones of the same angle (eg pointing to the lower left) should be opposite each other.

2. Check they rotate the right way, if looking at the propeller from the side results in a / angle, then a / shape must move towards the right to produce an upwards thrust. and \ shape must move left. In order to swap a motor direction you should have 3 cables connecting a motor to an ESC, simply swap any of the two cables.

3. check your controller board is in the right format (quad copter x or quad copter +)

4.Accelerometer

5. check motor connections are tight and not loose.

6. check the battery is at the right voltage, you can normally google stuff like 1S max battery voltage or 3S max battery voltage. for a 11.1V battery that I use, max voltage before use is 12.6V

2 of your propellers should spin one way, the other 2 should spin the other way, all of them should move/spin to produce upwards thrust (move air downwards by moving into it with an angled face)

I have done all of those and the drone still shakes 

Hmm well I personally run a naze32, with cleanflight. I once had a similar albeit not so violent problem, My recommendation is to re-flash the firmware in your FC, and load a default configuration for a quad-copter. Finally calibrate the sensors (gyro is of particular importance for yaw). Make sure that the software correctly displays the copter's actions. And also double check all connections, it never hurts to be sure.

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Not even 1080p

Just now, Pcinacan said:

I have done all of those and the drone still shakes 

Do you have any settings on it for PID differentials or PID settings, if so what are they

Just now, kris2340k said:

Do you have any settings on it for PID differentials or PID settings, if so what are they

they are all stock

yeah but these boards are designed to work on many different sizes of drones, every drone has a sweet spot (which cannot be known until its fully built)

Lower settings will give you WAY more control, meaning a twitch of the non throttle stick will go to a much higher angle with lower PID values

Higher settings will give excessive control to the auto-stablaiser

the issue with higher settings is say for example you start off on a 0.002 degree angle (no surface is perfectly even)
Assume the right side of your drone is the lower angled side

A HIGH PID setting will tell the right side motors to spin a little faster than the left to counter this.

The issue, if the PID values are too high for your drone( remember each drone has a sweetspot) then it will overshoot and now be angled with the left side lower

we repeat, causing a twitching effort

Note this can happen in any angle, left to right yaw, left and right up and down. Higher PID values will cause twitching, lower ones will make your drone very stable, and impossible to control its position (a full non throttle stick to the left on very high PID settings will tilt the drone less than a degree)

I advise you to make a note of all stock PID values and go changing them, in increments of no more than 5.

Do your own research on PID values (Youtube it)
I am of no high experience (im only a student who built a drone for a school project)

Edit: PS im out for the night (bed time for me its 12pm)

19 minutes ago, dany_boy said:

Hmm well I personally run a naze32, with cleanflight. I once had a similar albeit not so violent problem, My recommendation is to re-flash the firmware in your FC, and load a default configuration for a quad-copter. Finally calibrate the sensors (gyro is of particular importance for yaw). Make sure that the software correctly displays the copter's actions. And also double check all connections, it never hurts to be sure.

I have the motors spinning opposite on all of them so like clock wise is counter and counter is clock wise. Is that fine?

Check that you've wired the correct ESC to the correct pad, check that all motors are spinning in the correct direction, check that your radio is doing the right things when you move each stick, lower your yaw P gain if these things don't help.

ASU

On 1/4/2017 at 7:56 PM, Hackentosher said:

Check that you've wired the correct ESC to the correct pad, check that all motors are spinning in the correct direction, check that your radio is doing the right things when you move each stick, lower your yaw P gain if these things don't help.

So i found out that my motors were swapped so I went into the esc and reversed them all. Hey bit don't worry I have a new issue. It looks like all the motors are spinning right and everything, but when i put blades on it i arm it and it will spin where it gets no lift, but when i slightly increase the thrust it starts to roof and flip and spin on the ground (basically tries to kill its self)  

1 hour ago, Pcinacan said:

So i found out that my motors were swapped so I went into the esc and reversed them all. Hey bit don't worry I have a new issue. It looks like all the motors are spinning right and everything, but when i put blades on it i arm it and it will spin where it gets no lift, but when i slightly increase the thrust it starts to roof and flip and spin on the ground (basically tries to kill its self)  

nREo0G8Mj6s like this? The issue here was that I had the wrong esc going to the wrong port. It could also be that your motors are spinning the wrong way or you have the wrong prop on the wrong motor. 

Also, if you need to reverse a motor direction, you can it do it one of two ways. Either flip any two of the three motor wires, or go into the bl heli configurator and flip it there. 

ASU

22 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

nREo0G8Mj6s like this? The issue here was that I had the wrong esc going to the wrong port. It could also be that your motors are spinning the wrong way or you have the wrong prop on the wrong motor. 

Also, if you need to reverse a motor direction, you can it do it one of two ways. Either flip any two of the three motor wires, or go into the bl heli configurator and flip it there. 

i have fixed the motors spinning the wrong way and i have checked it about 10 times, also my drone does not get any flight at all

5 minutes ago, Pcinacan said:

i have fixed the motors spinning the wrong way and i have checked it about 10 times, also my drone does not get any flight at all

It basically flips and rolls around my yard.